Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 09:59 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,398,459 times

Advertisements

Ever notice that some cities are more in tuned with cars then other cities?

well i would like to say miami gets my vote. The folks down their are big on hooking up cars and are very well open minded when it comes to choosing colers as well.

here in nyc most people like to look flashy or new rather then custom their cars. The black on black, and white on black is really a eye soar.

i here texas is also very big on car customizations as well.

Well city-data folks lets all chat about car customs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 10:45 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,398,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheal St. Paul View Post
Detroit
Miami
NYC
Philly
Atlanta
DC
LA

From my expirence.
The city that are the most boring with cars are Boston and San Diego.
hmmm you might be right about Boston i don't see the car energy when im over their.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:38 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,945,938 times
LA somewhere near the top.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:18 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,951,603 times
MIA,LA,ATL would be top 3.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:49 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,849,982 times
LA/OC/The Valley would be at or near the top. Most of the big tuning companies are based here, most of the US subsidiaries of Japanese tuning companies are based here... it just runs deep in the culture here. You've got huge names like Edelbrock, Greddy, Skunk2, Lexani, Cobra, just off the top of my head... all based in the area.

WA is the nerve center of VW/Audi tuning in the US, and their laws are lax enough that you can get away with importing cars from overseas much more easily than in other states.

FL and TX have really active scenes as well, for the same reasons as above. More emphasis on American cars than WA and Socal (though

Vegas is full of flash, and has massive overflow from the LA tuning scene since basically half of Vegas is from Socal originally, and it's 6 hours from LA.

I went to high school in Boston, and not only was I the only kid at my high school with a tuned car, I was one of like six kids out of a graduating class of over a thousand who actually had their own car.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:10 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,484,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
here in nyc most people like to look flashy or new rather then custom their cars. The black on black, and white on black is really a eye soar.
I have black on white and I think it looks pretty cool

Old 08-15-2012, 11:27 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,685,355 times
Philadelphia and it's suburbs have a MASSIVE street car culture. In fact, I am a part of it.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:49 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,510,933 times
LA, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, Detroit are the top 5 in whatever order. Philly, NYC, DC, Chicago are honestly in the third tier to me behind Memphis, New Orleans, Orlando. Basically, the car cultured cities should easily be at the top of this.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:46 PM

148 posts, read 238,625 times
Default chicago is a hot rod city

you know i had this whole elaborate response and it didnt get saved somehow. maybe a pic is worth a 1000 words...

Old 08-15-2012, 03:36 PM

484 posts, read 871,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
LA/OC/The Valley would be at or near the top. Most of the big tuning companies are based here, most of the US subsidiaries of Japanese tuning companies are based here... it just runs deep in the culture here. You've got huge names like Edelbrock, Greddy, Skunk2, Lexani, Cobra, just off the top of my head... all based in the area.

WA is the nerve center of VW/Audi tuning in the US, and their laws are lax enough that you can get away with importing cars from overseas much more easily than in other states.

FL and TX have really active scenes as well, for the same reasons as above. More emphasis on American cars than WA and Socal (though

Vegas is full of flash, and has massive overflow from the LA tuning scene since basically half of Vegas is from Socal originally, and it's 6 hours from LA.

I went to high school in Boston, and not only was I the only kid at my high school with a tuned car, I was one of like six kids out of a graduating class of over a thousand who actually had their own car.
Agreed. It would be at the top for me. Southern California is also associated with car culture, going back to the 50's and 60's with the hot rods and muscle cars. Lowriders and their modifications (and the lowrider culture) formed in SoCal. The import/tuner scene in the U.S. has its roots in SoCal (via Japan), as do drifting (via Japan again). I believe the street racing/drag racing scene originated in SoCal too. Import shows like Hot Import Nights began here. In addition to tuning companies, many related magazines like Import Tuner is located here. I think LA has the best, most unique, and widest varieties of car customizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City