Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 04:03 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,030,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKmachine View Post
Lmao @ this whole thread
I'm not surprised...I guess any thread that excluded NYC is funny to you?

Old 09-10-2012, 04:12 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,554 times
What is with all these crazy ideas that are unrealistic i mean the last one was little rock vs dallas vs baltimore

Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,554 times
If i had to choose i would pick chicago, atlanta is on a whole different level way below chicago

Old 09-10-2012, 04:15 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,955,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
What is with all these crazy ideas that are unrealistic i mean the last one was little rock vs dallas vs baltimore
Lmao I know right
Baltimore crushes Lil' Rock and Dallas and Chicago damn sure crushes ATL and Charlotte.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:18 PM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
These aren't straight-up head-to-head matches. They are actual options that people are looking into as far as moving goes. And because people have different needs and preferences, there are actually times when a smaller city might work better for someone. I know that's hard for some people to understand, especially when they don't have their own families and such.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:20 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,030,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
These aren't straight-up head-to-head matches. They are actual options that people are looking into as far as moving goes. And because people have different needs and preferences, there are actually times when a smaller city might work better for someone. I know that's hard for some people to understand, especially when they don't have their own families and such.
It's sad that you have to explain the purpose of a thread. Maybe the moderators can help him understand.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:20 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Great post! Size isn't everything when it comes to cities. For instance, I really like Charleston, SC but its just a small metro. I would love to live in Charlotte again but if I was going to move back to the Carolinas I would really consider opting for Charleston instead because I like the culture and atmosphere there. There is also the factor of economy and job availability. Many of the more desirable places are doing much worse than the national average economically and its very difficult to find a job in many of them. Its for this reason I had to leave Charlotte for Oklahoma City. After searching for a job three years in Charlotte for nothing, I found something within a month of moving to OKC. Is OKC my ideal city? Not really, but its livable and I would rather live here comfortably with a career future than in hopeless in Charlotte.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:42 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,066,854 times
OP, to be honest, the suburbs are pretty much the same in every city in this country -big box retailers, chain restaurants, fast food, and gas stations. If you're going to be getting the same thing, at least go somewhere where your dollar will take you further and you won't have to deal with crazy commutes and traffic (that is if your job isn't an issue). I would pick Charlotte.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
I actually owe u an apology i just read through the whole thread. However I do stand by my statement where SOME ATL posters actually make Charlotte out to be less than what it is in other threads as well.
Dont know if you are refering to me but this IS how I see it:
Chicago has more of everything Atlanta has.But what does Chicago offer that Atlanta cannot offer on some level.?Celebrities ,Atheletes and sorts of business people choose to live in Atlanta.Chicago and Atlanta have top rated restaurants and hotels in the entire U.S. That are critically acclaimed.Charlotte?
2012 Top 40 Restaurants in the U.S. | Gayot

Just Released - The 100 Best U.S. Restaurants? - Forbes

Best Hotels in Atlanta | U.S. News

Chicago may be bigger and flashier but its airport is way smaller.Chicago;s Subaway is WAY bigger,but Atlanta does have a substantial size system of it own.Not to mention the new soon to be streetcar that will be here soon.

Chicago and Atlanta have world class sporting event throughout the year televised,From Tennis,Golf,to

So this is what im saying why Charlotte has SOME nice amenities its a lot further in style,quality of amenties than Atlanta is from Chicago.Im sorry if that upsets some one but its the truth as I see it.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:54 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,911,825 times
Many might argue that Chicago has a massive lake front but Atlanta has rolling hill and the mountains to the north. Charlotte and Atlanta geographically are similar. Physically each place offers something unique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City