Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:05 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
My personal opinion wasn't influenced by anyone on the website, it was influenced on the times I visited there. I don't understand why someone makes polls with cities competing against each other when everyone is going to have different views.
Opinions are one thing ,but they have to be based on at least a majority in fact,not fiction.Otherwise you are deemed as an unreliable or untustworthy.
I take aim at your statements about Atlanta cannot support high end retailers which is B.S.I mean we are in a bad economy all over the U.S. but the wealthy people are STILL buying.Hate Atlanta all you want but Charlotte is now where in Atlanta's leauge when it comes to catering to the wealthy.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:21 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Opinions are one thing ,but they have to be based on at least a majority in fact,not fiction.Otherwise you are deemed as an unreliable or untustworthy.
I take aim at your statements about Atlanta cannot support high end retailers which is B.S.I mean we are in a bad economy all over the U.S. but the wealthy people are STILL buying.Hate Atlanta all you want but Charlotte is now where in Atlanta's leauge when it comes to catering to the wealthy.
Obviously you don't fully understand what I've said about Atlanta and anything relevant to it. I do not hate Atlanta first off. Second, high end retailers in Atlanta have closed in recent years. Regardless of how many upscale stores Atlanta has, doesn't make Charlotte people any less "wealthy". This was discussed in a separate threat as I've said before and that's where it needs to stay. Stay on topic or doesn't post.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:25 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Obviously you don't fully understand what I've said about Atlanta and anything relevant to it. I do not hate Atlanta first off. Second, high end retailers in Atlanta have closed in recent years. Regardless of how many upscale stores Atlanta has, doesn't make Charlotte people any less "wealthy". This was discussed in a separate threat as I've said before and that's where it needs to stay. Stay on topic or doesn't post.
Well I cannot understand what you do not say. Only what you said.
Obviously it is YOU who don't comprehend..I just simply made a statement disagreing with what you said.
Quote:
separate threat as I've said before and that's where it needs to stay.
Bossy are we not?Well i never listened much to people who talk without regard to facts.The economy is bad everywhere but i have heard of no certain exodus of high end retailers closing.
http://http://www.bizjournals.com/at....html?page=all

Truth be told you said what you said because you are biased.Charlotte is a great city but dont act like its like Atlanta in regards to wealth.No more than Atlanta has as much wealth as Chicago.At least in Chicago and Atlanta you can actually go to a Rolls Royce dealer and by a Rolls Royce if you have the money.Charlotte umm no.Clearly retailers do choose markets that can support there products
Umm....This thread is called:Chicago vs Charlotte vs Atlanta.......Thats IT!!! As long as we are discussing these cities,the topics are endless.Regardless if its been discussed in another thread ,funny that you for some reason cannot share a link.

Where did I allude that upscale stores make a city more or less wealthy?Although there is less wealth in Charlotte than Atlanta.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:17 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
Atlanta crushes Charlotte, not even close. Chicago is way more of an urban city than Atlanta, not close. Atlanta has plenty of wealth also out and about, wouldn't know much difference from Chicago, there is definitely exclusive shopping there, pricey clubs, pricey amenities. As far as cities go they are all completely different. I think the beltline and more infill would help Atlanta out a lot. In my opinion Atlanta's weather is pretty good, much better than Chicago, and better than Charlotte as well. It's a bit cooler than Florida which I grew up with, so no issues there. In terms of city though it has a ways to go, but probably up and coming, I don't see Charlotte catching it anytime soon. I'd more see Atlanta being more like Seattle in terms of urban development.
Also, the attitude of the populous in Atlanta is very much that it is a major city, slightly friendlier, but people there know they are in a major city much like Miami, Dallas, Chicago, DC, etc. Not quite on the last two levels though.
Atlanta is the big attractor city and hub for much of the southeast, Chicago is the same way for the midwest. While Atlanta isn't on Chicago level, Charlotte is more like Milwaukee or something in the Midwest, and that is pushing it really. It's definitely not on the level of say St. Louis or Minneapolis as far as a metro goes.

In terms of feel and things to do, and actual size. I'd say Chicago is double Atlanta... and Atlanta is double to triple over Charlotte.

Chicago and Atlanta are entities in themselves, I'm not sure Charlotte has that same kind of pull. Charlotte is better compared to somewhere like Orlando, or Tampa... actually I'd put both of those over Charlotte also in terms of diversity, things to do, size, etc. Hard to find a good peer for Charlotte. Tampa downtown reminds me a lot of Charlotte uptown, clean, sterile, not much going on. Charlotte is the nicer of the two, but not by much. Midtown/Downtown and the surroundings of Atlanta dwarf Charlotte.

Last edited by grapico; 09-07-2012 at 02:28 PM..

Old 09-07-2012, 03:44 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Atlanta crushes Charlotte, not even close. Chicago is way more of an urban city than Atlanta, not close. Atlanta has plenty of wealth also out and about, wouldn't know much difference from Chicago, there is definitely exclusive shopping there, pricey clubs, pricey amenities. As far as cities go they are all completely different. I think the beltline and more infill would help Atlanta out a lot. In my opinion Atlanta's weather is pretty good, much better than Chicago, and better than Charlotte as well. It's a bit cooler than Florida which I grew up with, so no issues there. In terms of city though it has a ways to go, but probably up and coming, I don't see Charlotte catching it anytime soon. I'd more see Atlanta being more like Seattle in terms of urban development.
Also, the attitude of the populous in Atlanta is very much that it is a major city, slightly friendlier, but people there know they are in a major city much like Miami, Dallas, Chicago, DC, etc. Not quite on the last two levels though.
Atlanta is the big attractor city and hub for much of the southeast, Chicago is the same way for the midwest. While Atlanta isn't on Chicago level, Charlotte is more like Milwaukee or something in the Midwest, and that is pushing it really. It's definitely not on the level of say St. Louis or Minneapolis as far as a metro goes.

In terms of feel and things to do, and actual size. I'd say Chicago is double Atlanta... and Atlanta is double to triple over Charlotte.

Chicago and Atlanta are entities in themselves, I'm not sure Charlotte has that same kind of pull. Charlotte is better compared to somewhere like Orlando, or Tampa... actually I'd put both of those over Charlotte also in terms of diversity, things to do, size, etc. Hard to find a good peer for Charlotte. Tampa downtown reminds me a lot of Charlotte uptown, clean, sterile, not much going on. Charlotte is the nicer of the two, but not by much. Midtown/Downtown and the surroundings of Atlanta dwarf Charlotte.
This is exactly what I said several pages back...it's not a slight to Charlotte in any way, it's just a fact. They are all fine cities and I don't know that any one of them has an advantage over the others when it comes to suburban living. They all have some beautiful suburbs.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,308 times
Quote:
Well I cannot understand what you do not say. Only what you said.
Obviously it is YOU who don't comprehend..I just simply made a statement disagreing with what you said.
All you're looking for on this page is to find ways to show how, in your opinion, Atlanta is much better than Charlotte and you're basing what you're saying is stores in Atlanta vs. stores in Charlotte. If you simply "made a statement" against MY statement, why do you seem so upset because they aren't the same?

Quote:
Bossy are we not?Well i never listened much to people who talk without regard to facts.The economy is bad everywhere but i have heard of no certain exodus of high end retailers closing.
http://http://www.bizjournals.com/at....html?page=all

Truth be told you said what you said because you are biased.Charlotte is a great city but dont act like its like Atlanta in regards to wealth.No more than Atlanta has as much wealth as Chicago.At least in Chicago and Atlanta you can actually go to a Rolls Royce dealer and by a Rolls Royce if you have the money.Charlotte umm no.Clearly retailers do choose markets that can support there products
Umm....This thread is called:Chicago vs Charlotte vs Atlanta.......Thats IT!!! As long as we are discussing these cities,the topics are endless.Regardless if its been discussed in another thread ,funny that you for some reason cannot share a link.

Where did I allude that upscale stores make a city more or less wealthy?Although there is less wealth in Charlotte than Atlanta.
You seem to apparently not know proper grammar and that's making your point very hard to become clear. I am not biased as I said before, I do not hate Atlanta. For the Rolls Royce ordeal, there's a dealership in Raleigh, which is why there is not one in the Charlotte market, not because Charlotte can't "support" it. Since apparently the search feature does not apply to you and you can't find the mall topic link yourself, Charlotte Malls vs Atlanta Malls

Before you try and respond to this, I suggust you understand what both of us are typing and maybe you'll make a little more sense

Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times
Wow...this thread has gone downhill because somebody just can't understand the concept of large-larger-largest (Charlotte-Atlanta-Chicago).

Old 09-07-2012, 08:27 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,871,066 times
It went downhill because strangely, posters from Atlanta consistently feel threatened by the tiny town of Charlotte, and must come beat their chests to show how superior their "NYC south" is. Lol

In all of this, the original intent of the thread gets lost, and the war of the southeastern cities goes on.

I grew up near Atlanta, have lived in Charlotte for the past seven years, and have spent considerable time in the Chicago area for work. Chicago has WAAAAAAY better and more diverse suburbs than either Atlanta or Charlotte, has TONS more to do overall, and is just millions of miles ahead of either of the other two. Atlanta has way more people than Charlotte, but basically has just more of what Charlotte has, as far as suburbs go. Not a lot of analysis needed. The weather is far more desirable for 90% of the population in CLT/ATL, and the weather is pretty much identical in both southeastern cities. They are only four hours apart.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:50 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
It went downhill because strangely, posters from Atlanta consistently feel threatened by the tiny town of Charlotte, and must come beat their chests to show how superior their "NYC south" is. Lol
Not at all. A simple glance at the first page will show that it went downhill because someone disputed the simple fact that metro Atlanta is twice as large as metro Charlotte. Nobody from Atlanta felt "threatened," lol.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:34 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
Quote:
All you're looking for on this page is to find ways to show how, in your opinion, Atlanta is much better than Charlotte and you're basing what you're saying is stores in Atlanta vs. stores in Charlotte. If you simply "made a statement" against MY statement, why do you seem so upset because they aren't the same?

You seem to apparently not know proper grammar and that's making your point very hard to become clear. I am not biased as I said before, I do not hate Atlanta. For the Rolls Royce ordeal, there's a dealership in Raleigh, which is why there is not one in the Charlotte market, not because Charlotte can't "support" it. Since apparently the search feature does not apply to you and you can't find the mall topic link yourself, Charlotte Malls vs Atlanta Malls

Before you try and respond to this, I suggust you understand what both of us are typing and maybe you'll make a little more sense
I am in that thread and I Gave reason why those stores closed. Stores have been replaced with other retail openings in Atlanta Some of the stores that closed in Atlanta closed in Alot of other big markets such as Dallas and Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City