Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:01 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSon View Post
Why isn't this thread titled "how can I boost DC for the 100th time by MDallstar"

What do you ever bring to any conversation? You don't ever have anything intelligent to say and your purpose here is really up for debate. This thread has nothing to do with DC and most educated people could have seen that when reading the first post. Try to add substance to at least one thread for a change. I'm seriously trying to recall a single intellectual post from your screen name and I'm drawing a blank. If you have said something in intelligent on this site, please point me toward the thread and I will stand corrected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 03:29 PM

896 posts, read 1,169,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
What do you ever bring to any conversation? You don't ever have anything intelligent to say and your purpose here is really up for debate. This thread has nothing to do with DC and most educated people could have seen that when reading the first post. Try to add substance to at least one thread for a change. I'm seriously trying to recall a single intellectual post from your screen name and I'm drawing a blank. If you have said something in intelligent on this site, please point me toward the thread and I will stand corrected.
I'm not here to bring intelligence I'm here to point out boosters and homers and put them in their place.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSon View Post
I'm not here to bring intelligence I'm here to point out boosters and homers and put them in their place.
Could you please explain how a thread discussing a top 10 for car free cities which clearly DC will not be #1 is boosting? You didn't think this through clearly....

Old 09-17-2012, 03:53 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,214,312 times
I say New york then chicago, after that D.C. , San fransico and the rest

Old 09-17-2012, 03:54 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,214,312 times
i mean donnt get me wrong their are tons of racist in cincinnati just like every city just no as much, i dont know maybe they did move to indy!

Old 09-17-2012, 03:56 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
i mean donnt get me wrong their are tons of racist in cincinnati just like every city just no as much, i dont know maybe they did move to indy!
Excellent point!

Old 09-17-2012, 05:12 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times
Here's an article from Slate that sort of fits with the theme of this thread: L.A. Metro: How Los Angeles is becoming America’s next great mass-transit city. - Slate Magazine

It's a pretty well-written article and gets most things right, though it is obviously written from an outsider's perspective.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:05 AM

Montgomery approves countywide BRT plan - Greater Greater Washington

Pretty significant day for BRT in America. Fight isn't over yet, but this could be a major turn of the tide in America for suburban area's that need to urbanize. This would be the largest BRT network in the nation by a pretty wide margin and could also act as a case study for how to make BRT work in car dependent America. Exciting times!

Old 11-30-2013, 10:29 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,401,948 times
1) New York
2/3) Chicago/DC
4) San Francisco
5) Boston
6) Philadelphia

The rest

I do think some form of commuter rail should be in discussion here, as it absolutely helps people live car-free. For example, I rarely use Metra here, but in the summer if I want to go out to Ravinia to see a summer CSO show I can do it easily using Metra instead of having to drive, despite the fact that Metra is used chiefly for commuting. Connectivity to other places is an important aspect of living car free, so perhaps even Amtrak should come into discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City