Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More diverse and integrated?
California 31 59.62%
Tri State Area 21 40.38%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 05:12 PM

611 posts, read 1,600,204 times

Advertisements

Pollster, where have you been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM

896 posts, read 1,169,239 times
Don't you mean foodie?

Old 09-29-2012, 12:14 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
everyone on this thread is fake and a city-data goof, living in a city-data fantasy land jumping over turtles to collect points.

more then half you people chill with your own kinds then anything anyway, so why on earth is diversity so important.

diversity is the most overrated topic on this planet.

And this is coming from someone who grew up around people who were not the same color, or cultured as me.

lmao its even funny that their are people who give their cities mario kart trophy because they win a city-data pole.

huraaayyyyyyyyyyyy.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:04 AM

5,976 posts, read 13,115,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Let's just vote for the Tri-State area so it'll go away.

You know, before we all read how non-Caribbean Hispanics and Asians don't count as human beings anymore, which is what eventually happens to threads like these.

Or how Middle Eastern people in California are really Mexicans in disguise. Or how everyone in California is a Mexican in disguise.
Yeah, I think there was that one poster a while back that actually claimed that. Good laugh.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:57 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,380,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
NYC to LA or the Bay - all pretty close
I think this is the correct answer.

They are all diverse, and anything separating them is so miniscule that it's not even worth discussing as far as real world effect. Unless the conversation of "do Caribbean people count twice as much as Pacific Islanders" start, then have at it.

Outside of LA and the Bay, CA is still pretty diverse (never heard SD or Sac being called monocultural) but then again, is it really if most of the people regardless of skin color or ethnicity THINK all the same way?

Southeast Fresno has the weirdest mix of people ever. Southeast Asian gangs, Hispanic gangs, Black gangs, and White trailer park trash all working together. Its so beautiful that the UN should put a wall around it and enshrine it FOREVER and PERMANENTLY. A lot of them get their meth from the same guy anyways.

Is that the 'diversity' and 'integration' everyone is looking for?

I'm willing to bet that most people in the US nowadays don't hang out with people from the same ethnicity all the time, or even work in a monocultural (as far as the ethnicity of workers go, not the 'corporate' or 'office mentality') workplace. This discussion in 20 years will seem so outdated.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:57 PM

886 posts, read 1,563,143 times
Quote:
Think below answers it:

Old 10-06-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAXTOR View Post
Don't worry. I used to live in the Northeast. I have plenty of friends there, and most people there care as much as people here do about diversity: just for girls/boys and food.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 PM

886 posts, read 1,563,143 times
Quote:
Don't worry. I used to live in the Northeast. I have plenty of friends there, and most people there care as much as people here do about diversity: just for girls/boys and food.
Where's this conversation going?

People everywhere live the same way for the most part.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAXTOR View Post
People everywhere live the same way for the most part.
Yep, that's the bottom line.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:25 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
everyone on this thread is fake and a city-data goof, living in a city-data fantasy land jumping over turtles to collect points.

more then half you people chill with your own kinds then anything anyway, so why on earth is diversity so important.

diversity is the most overrated topic on this planet.

And this is coming from someone who grew up around people who were not the same color, or cultured as me.

lmao its even funny that their are people who give their cities mario kart trophy because they win a city-data pole.

huraaayyyyyyyyyyyy.
This was a recent south florida city data get together, full of hipsters.

Lots of Brazilian, Colombian diversity and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City