Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the better sports town?
Chicago 45 38.14%
Boston 38 32.20%
Philadelphia 35 29.66%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 08:08 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,996,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
LOL

In your dreams. It was snatched by NYC like an apple out of a tree in Robin Hood's world.

NYC area = Princeton
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lustration.PNG
Your are wrong on that one. Mercer County is part of the Philadelphia sports market. Philly actually has territorial rights in Princeton, NJ. If it wasn't, they wouldn't get black outs on nationally televised games when the local Philly sports channels have the rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 08:08 PM

318 posts, read 467,489 times
Quote:

Best sports city on the poll- Boston by a longshot. More titles than Chicago and Philly combined and doubled since 2000. LOL

/thread?

Championships dont determine city sports culture.

There are a number of cities that have a great sports culture without many (in some cases any) championships.

Championships do not validate sports culture/cities.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Your are wrong on that one. Mercer County is part of the Philadelphia sports market. Philly actually has territorial rights in Princeton, NJ. If it wasn't, they wouldn't get black outs on nationally televised games when the local Philly sports channels have the rights.

Sshhhh.

He knows everything. Hes from San Francisco for **** sake! Ya know?

Old 10-15-2012, 08:11 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,989,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovehockey85 View Post
2 to 3? Got it?
No.

2000 ->

Boston 7
Chicago 2
Philadelphia 1

Tier 1 Boston

Tier 2 Chicago

Tier 3 Philly
Quote:
You do realize that Philadelphians commute to NYC for work too, right?
Good for them. Sacramentans commute to the SF Bay Area. There's even some folks from LA commuting to SF Bay Area and vice versa, it's called super commuter corridor. They will never be acknowledged by the US census. Only in a small towners wet dream. LOL
Quote:
Oh well, if you wanna debate that, go here. Youre clearly in the minority though, so just stick to jerking off to campus pictures in the college section of US News.[/url]
Yeah I see that everyone that voted for Philly in that poll is from the 215 bruh. So you can throw that worthless crap of a thread away because its a homers from both cities voting for their town + me.

kthnx.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:14 PM

932 posts, read 1,944,511 times
Quote:
Yeah I see that everyone that voted for Philly in that poll is from the 215 bruh. So you can throw that worthless crap of a thread away because its a homers from both cities voting for their town + me.

kthnx.
How could you possibly see that in an anonymous poll?

Old 10-15-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Blah blah blah. I see no census designation links in your post so you can continue crying about it.

Lets see US census vs freewillyfromphilly? Yeah I side with the US census bucky.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:15 PM

932 posts, read 1,944,511 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah. I see no census designation links in your post so you can continue crying about it.

Lets see US census vs freewillyfromphilly? Yeah I side with the US census bucky.
I donno, a few minutes ago you were pretty high on media markets, and Princeton is in Philly's media market.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
No.

2000 ->

Boston 7
Chicago 2
Philadelphia 1

Tier 1 Boston

Tier 2 Chicago

Tier 3 Philly

Good for them. Sacramentans commute to the SF Bay Area. There's even some folks from LA commuting to SF Bay Area and vice versa, it's called super commuter corridor. They will never be acknowledged by the US census. Only in a small towners wet dream. LOL

kthnx.

4 in 100 residents in Mercer County commute to NYC. Its virtually equidistant between NYC and Philly (although closer to Philly in varying degrees). Princeton stands on its own as a town. However, if youve ever, ya know, LIVED THERE, youd know where Princeton is more aligned with culturally.

Stick to SF buddy.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,996,717 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah. I see no census designation or links in your post so you can continue crying about it.
Here's your prove.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
How could you possibly see that in an anonymous poll?
What the grey goose are you talking about?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...niversity.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City