U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Sanfransico or Chicago
Sanfransico 75 45.45%
Chicago 90 54.55%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 08:36 AM

31,575 posts, read 53,094,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyobubba View Post
What a ridiculous post and map. Was this an attempt of humor? Hard to tell.
Ridiculous is trying to compare a single state to an entire region. Laughable, but fine let's go there. California is not its own region, its actually part of the West.

The west is made up of AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA and WY-do you think this is my own personal definition? hahahahahahaha

Quote:
he was comparing the Northeast to California, like land area to like land area.
That's like comparing Riverside County to New Jersey

California is not a region, its a state. Seeking to compare the entire NE to one state seems like a desparate attempt to make one feel good about themselves because individually, every other state falls flat compared to CA.

Quote:
Your map has the "West" shaded all the way from the Pacific coast to Kansas and included Alaska and Hawaii!
Impressive, aint it.

Quote:
Are we supposed to believe if you live in California you spend a lot of free time hiking in Montana and surfing in Hawaii? LOL.
I go Hawaii at least 5 times a year. Montana not so much.

Quote:
If that's your "West" than all that white is the "Northeast" which is equally ridiculous.
There is no equivalent to the West in terms of land mass. Sorry.

The NE is ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD and DC. Nothing to sneeze at.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:53 PM

322 posts, read 687,722 times
lol....insecure "northeasterners" out there have to group like 10 different states to gain their "stats"

what a joke...it's not that serious....we know ya want to go out of ya way to beat the big dog(CA)..but it aint workin...stay in ya line

Old 06-25-2009, 01:00 PM

2,045 posts, read 2,490,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesNightmare View Post
lol....insecure "northeasterners" out there have to group like 10 different states to gain their "stats"

what a joke...it's not that serious....we know ya want to go out of ya way to beat the big dog(CA)..but it aint workin...stay in ya line
Gimme a break LAN. You were a Northeasterner just a month ago when you were in school in White Plains. Just because you've been in Daly City for a month, you shouldn't turn your back on the place where you grew up and have so many fond memories (e.g., the CP Petting Zoo, Coney Island and the carousel, *almost* had your first original thought).

BTW-- have you had a chance to go swimming in the Pacific yet? It's pretty cold up where you are, but there's a spot near Half Moon Bay that if you swim out far enough-- I'm saying about 500 yards-- it gets nice and warm. Just go out there one day and tread water for a while. Try it.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
Gimme a break LAN. You were a Northeasterner just a month ago when you were in school in White Plains. Just because you've been in Daly City for a month, you shouldn't turn your back on the place where you grew up and have so many fond memories (e.g., the CP Petting Zoo, Coney Island and the carousel, *almost* had your first original thought).

BTW-- have you had a chance to go swimming in the Pacific yet? It's pretty cold up where you are, but there's a spot near Half Moon Bay that if you swim out far enough-- I'm saying about 500 yards-- it gets nice and warm. Just go out there one day and tread water for a while. Try it.

I was a northeasterner?

LOL

nah

i will tell u who i once was with the cryptic initials of "M.K.A.L.A"

Old 06-25-2009, 01:16 PM

464 posts, read 949,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LA is awesome and in some ways is more like NYC than any of the other Northeastern Cities.
That is by FAR the dumbest comment ever made on this forum.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:20 PM

15,404 posts, read 24,375,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
That is by FAR the dumbest comment ever made on this forum.
How so? In some ways it is true.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:23 PM

2,045 posts, read 2,490,043 times
Quote:
I was a northeasterner?

LOL

nah

It's best you just come clean, straight out.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
nah...chill midwesterner...

Old 06-25-2009, 01:31 PM

38,691 posts, read 86,783,990 times
Quote:
I was a northeasterner?

LOL

nah

Quote:
Quote:
nah...chill midwesterner...
That's all right, you've already admitted to a major TOS violation so it probably won't be long before this account it shut down too.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:58 PM

464 posts, read 949,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
How so? In some ways it is true.
And we've just found our taker for the second dumbest thing ever said on this forum. Explain to me what viable traits New York and L.A share. I'm REALLY curious to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or