Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Sanfransico or Chicago
Sanfransico 75 45.45%
Chicago 90 54.55%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:26 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,471,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyobubba View Post
Outside of Hollywood LA is not known for anything besides having "lots of mexicans" and "no great universities."

But I digress. You seem to be on a anti-Chicago vendetta for some reason so someone obviously struck a nerve with you at some point from there.
You tell someone they seem to be on a vendetta while saying that LA is only known for having lots of Mexicans and no great universities?? A bit ironic, don't ya think? Or is this what you actually believe to be the reality? I sure hope not.

If LA has "no great universities" then the rest of the US doesn't either. Otherwise at least acknowledge that California Institute of Technology (in Pasadena - tied for 6th in the nation), Pepperdine University (Malibu), UCLA, and USC are there, and that UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara and UC Riverside are within reach. All of these schools are ranked within the top 100 universities in the nation. And the UC's are all part of the top public university system in the US. Please at least give credit where credit is due.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
Stop bashing. At the end of the day, Chicago is still better and I'm sure the poll that shows Chicago BEATING San Fransisco proves that.
I don't have any problem with Chicago winning in this poll. And I don't have a problem with more people favoring it overall in reality IF that truly is the case. But I wouldn't exactly say that winning THIS poll actually validates the city that comes out on top as being "better." That's empowering those of us here on C-D a bit too much.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:45 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
I don't have any problem with Chicago winning in this poll. And I don't have a problem with more people favoring it overall in reality IF that truly is the case. But I wouldn't exactly say that winning THIS poll actually validates the city that comes out on top as being "better." That's empowering those of us here on C-D a bit too much.
If we took a national or global poll asking those who have visited both cities to tell us which one they liked more. I could gaurentee you that Chicago would win.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 PM

322 posts, read 800,071 times
Quote:
If we took a national or global poll asking those who have visited both cities to tell us which one they liked more. I could gaurentee you that Chicago would win.
Nah.... keep dreaming

SF has skyscrapers(also second densest city in US),weather,beauty,ocean,mountains(near), and a world reknown icon(golden gate bridge), plus its backyard is California ...the most powerful state filled with diversity,great weather, culture, etc

chic has skyscrapers,____,____,____, ummm hold on i'm trying to think...

drive 50 miles south of SF you have ...San Jose a huge city with excellent weather,schools,high tech capital, safety, theme park(great america is close) etc

drive 10 miles south of chic u have...
http://imgcache.allposters.com/images/RHPOD/110-11546.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-26-2009, 02:03 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyobubba View Post
Outside of Hollywood LA is not known for anything besides having "lots of mexicans" and "no great universities."
Yeah, UCLA and USC are known far and wide for their mediocrity....not.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:04 PM

902 posts, read 2,786,577 times
Quote:
Actually I am fairly positive that SF would come out on top in that scenario.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetta View Post
Actually I am fairly positive that SF would come out on top in that scenario.
You're fairly wrong.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesNightmare View Post
Nah.... keep dreaming

SF has skyscrapers(also second densest city in US),weather,beauty,ocean,mountains(near), and a world reknown icon(golden gate bridge), plus its backyard is California ...the most powerful state filled with diversity,great weather, culture, etc

chic has skyscrapers,____,____,____, ummm hold on i'm trying to think...

drive 50 miles south of SF you have ...San Jose a huge city with excellent weather,schools,high tech capital, safety, theme park(great america is close) etc

drive 10 miles south of chic u have...
I increased your rep because of those pics, but you're wrong about everything else.

Chicago is opposite to common belief, pretty safe. All the crime is concentrated in ONE area. Just ONE area of an entire city. Also, Six Flags is like 20 minutes north of Chicago. 10 miles south of Chicago you have suburbs...

Old 06-26-2009, 02:24 PM

322 posts, read 800,071 times
Quote:
I increased your rep because of those pics, but you're wrong about everything else.

Chicago is opposite to common belief, pretty safe. All the crime is concentrated in ONE area. Just ONE area of an entire city. Also, Six Flags is like 20 minutes north of Chicago. 10 miles south of Chicago you have suburbs...

Come on spire lets not get technical you know what i was trying to say

thanks for the rep though.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You're fairly wrong.
One thing it is definitely beating SF out in at the moment is annoying homers that are too insecure to have a simple discussion about the good points of two cities w/o acting like little kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City