Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has biggest inferiority complex? Cleveland or Philadelphia? Is there a city that has a wo
Cleveland, OH 22 45.83%
Philadelphia, PA 26 54.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:45 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,093,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
deja vu?
That really is ridiculous.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:03 PM

7,270 posts, read 10,598,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
That really is ridiculous.
Not that any city should feel particularly bad about being left off random Weather Channel storm maps, of all things, I concur as to its silliness. Honestly, this comes from the people who think a channel dedicated exclusively to 24-hours of weather reporting is a practical idea, so their judgement might be a little suspect.

I think it's more reflective of geographical ignorance/lack of understanding about major population centers than anything to do with broader cultural relevancy.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:26 PM

932 posts, read 1,945,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
Not that any city should feel particularly bad about being left off random Weather Channel storm maps, of all things, I concur as to its silliness. Honestly, this comes from the people who think a channel dedicated exclusively to 24-hours of weather reporting is a practical idea, so their judgement might be a little suspect.

I think it's more reflective of geographical ignorance/lack of understanding about major population centers than anything to do with broader cultural relevancy.
If you go to their website, there are all sorts of different maps that all show the same crap. There was one that had Philadelphia and Baltimore with no NYC or DC. There was even one that showed the east coast down to North Carolina and highlighted Wilmington, NC. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Wilmington in North Carolina. And apparently it's bigger than the real Wilmington. Who knew?

Old 10-28-2012, 11:30 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
If you go to their website, there are all sorts of different maps that all show the same crap. There was one that had Philadelphia and Baltimore with no NYC or DC. There was even one that showed the east coast down to North Carolina and highlighted Wilmington, NC. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Wilmington in North Carolina. And apparently it's bigger than the real Wilmington. Who knew?
That's where Michael Jordan is from.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 AM

2,342 posts, read 3,990,690 times
Cities cant have inferiority complexes, people can.

Philly is a city with 6M folks, surely it has something for there to be as many people. I can understand an inferiority complex towards the city and its potential but I don't think folks from Philly should look at other cities with inferiority complexes. Remember it's one of the few places with a population over 5M.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:18 AM

932 posts, read 1,945,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
Cities cant have inferiority complexes, people can.

Philly is a city with 6M folks, surely it has something for there to be as many people. I can understand an inferiority complex towards the city and its potential but I don't think folks from Philly should look at other cities with inferiority complexes. Remember it's one of the few places with a population over 5M.
Who are you and what have you done with scrantiX?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:13 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,990,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
Who are you and what have you done with scrantiX?
Well as far as I'm concerned I'm not a fan of Philly but I agree that my comments can go too far sometimes. Mostly they're just there to put one particular Philly booster back in their lowly place, sorry the rest of you have to hear it. Glad the guy hasn't been posting in a few days, Philly's credibility is already up as far as I'm concerned.

Don't get used to the friendly posts. That's not my style brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City