Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Houston surpass Chicago as the 3rd largest city by 2020?
Yes 497 41.49%
No 701 58.51%
Voters: 1198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:37 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
What a Soap Opera, we're not even talking about the real topic anymore.

Lol, the same way how San Francisco/Oakland can add in San Jose and zip past Boston yet again to take the lead over it once more.

I want Trenton then, it's 1/5th the distance of RI and AC its the same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 08:39 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Yes another metric where the price of crude has a significant impact. My point is the Economy of Houston has not grown by 40% in the last ten years, 20% adjusted at best. These are real metrics I just do not believe they portray the truest measure of economic strength. But either way Houston's growth is very admirable and better than just about any city in the US over the same time

These metics are great for press releases and to sell magazines but do not tell the whole story
so what are you saying now? Lets stick to one thing first. You said Chicago is far ahead, the figures show otherwise.

The numbers have been steadily climbing, so I don't know why you are still on the price of crude and speculation and all that stuff.

Stop trying to confuse this more texan with all your witch talk.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:41 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
I want Trenton then, it's 1/5th the distance of RI and AC its the same
Haha the one thing that throws me off so much is when you compare the GDP from MSA's, someone always comes in and posts up the GDP for the entire Bay Area.

Reasoning: "It's one area, they are united, nothing can separate them"

Hahaha, my cousins entire company dislikes San Francisco, because of how San Jose gets over shadowed to the max because of that, and it's revenues are used to "boost San Francisco".

I think Philadelphia deserves Trenton in it's MSA, but that came as the ONLY drawback to it's location.

Now I just wish that Allen Iverson was what he used to be, you guys would have a amazing sports city too.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Plus these metrics exclude other privately held orginazations or exchanges and many other prominent money producers.

As and another example (and I use this because I speak closely) Vanguard (you may know it the 2nd largest Fund company in the world maybe even your 401K) in Philadelphia handles more than 1.3 trillion dollars worth of transactions per year and employs 13,000 people in the area yet is not included in any of these metrics
Okay. All of this is magic talk. You must be a witch so you, by default, lose. Can't win debates through sorcery

Old 07-10-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
so what are you saying now? Lets stick to one thing first. You said Chicago is far ahead, the figures show otherwise.

The numbers have been steadily climbing, so I don't know why you are still on the price of crude and speculation and all that stuff.

Stop trying to confuse this more texan with all your witch talk.

On this metric it is what it is but please do not confuse this with the size of the Chicago economy vs Houston

not witch talk, that is the pro Houston editorial slant in your link

but the GDP numbers are accurate - they just to me do not tell the whole story

Old 07-10-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Haha the one thing that throws me off so much is when you compare the GDP from MSA's, someone always comes in and posts up the GDP for the entire Bay Area.

I think we should have Fort Worths GDP because we are on the same side of the river, so we are not separated by it. So we claim FW, Dallas can have Texarkana.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:

Hahaha, my cousins entire company dislikes San Francisco, because of how San Jose gets over shadowed to the max because of that, and it's revenues are used to "boost San Francisco".

I think Philadelphia deserves Trenton in it's MSA, but that came as the ONLY drawback to it's location.

Now I just wish that Allen Iverson was what he used to be, you guys would have a amazing sports city too.

we do have an amazing sports city, don't get me started there

BTW - the NBA is now extremly boring and Lebron is a fraud, what a man of character he wouldn't tell his team, who paid his paycheck what was going on. And now runs with his tail to play Orland. I am only curious to watch to see if that one ball on the floor doesn't create any problems, how does Lebron like playing for Wades team, and the third guy (call him that because he has now relageted himself to the thrid option) wonders what he is doing there.

but Philly (NHL Cup appearance, Eagles NFC Championship game, Philles 2nd straight WS, Sixers, well we did get the number 2 pick and Turner, plus Nova and Temple both came up small in the NCAA tourney)

Old 07-10-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
On this metric it is what it is but please do not confuse this with the size of the Chicago economy vs Houston

not witch talk, that is the pro Houston editorial slant in your link

but the GDP numbers are accurate - they just to me do not tell the whole story

Okay magicman, if the gdps are accurate then what is wrong?? Geez there aint no pleasing magicians. Come up with concrete figures and they just wave a wand, say some voodoo words and poof, like magic it means something else

Old 07-10-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Okay. All of this is magic talk. You must be a witch so you, by default, lose. Can't win debates through sorcery

Thats fine, you wont see that special spell coming, I am gonna dress it up in cowboy boots!

Old 07-11-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Thats fine, you wont see that special spell coming, I am gonna dress it up in cowboy boots!
I have the anti spell juju
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City