Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best climate/weather?
San Diego, CA 39 57.35%
Honolulu, HI 23 33.82%
Miami, FL 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 03:30 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,175,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
Yeah you do too, not many places in the WC AC, but it's not uncommon to see people wearing light jackets at night during the summer.

The Summer.

The Summer.

Last summer, average overnight low in San Diego was in the low 70s for August and September (upper 60s for July and October) which meant is was still in the mid to upper 70s around 10PM- a far cry from needing a light jacket. You haven't been here since we started our warm epoch. I think you'd like it a lot better than the way the climate here was a few years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 04:19 PM

699 posts, read 610,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
At night, sure big deal...
you keep flip flopping what you are talking about; I was talking about right now in January, then you flipped to going inside an air conditioned space, then flipped to a summer night on the coast
I'm not flip-flopping at all. I was responding to Astral's post, you somehow began talking to me, about unimportant things.

Look Slo, no one cares. Everyone knows SoCal is cool in the winter, if they're from there.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
Last summer, average overnight low in San Diego was in the low 70s for August and September (upper 60s for July and October) which meant is was still in the mid to upper 70s around 10PM- a far cry from needing a light jacket. You haven't been here since we started our warm epoch. I think you'd like it a lot better than the way the climate here was a few years ago.
I had a look at the San Diego recorded temps for August just now.

That's definitely a great summer for San Diego criteria. I would like that summer a lot better than what's typical for San Diego.

Unfortunately that summer is not typical, though if there is a sliver lining to Global Warming, it will become more typical as El Nino events become more common.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:26 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
I'm not flip-flopping at all. I was responding to Astral's post, you somehow began talking to me, about unimportant things.

Look Slo, no one cares. Everyone knows SoCal is cool in the winter, if they're from there.

Speaking of flip flopping, Ive got mine on and check ya when I get back from the beach.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Speaking of flip flopping, Ive got mine on and check ya when I get back from the beach.
I hear Alaskans wear short sleeves when it becomes 40s.

I don't envy them, as I don't envy you for wearing flip-flops at 60 degrees.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:59 PM

10,555 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Quote:

You heard wrong. They go to short sleeves when it goes above freezing.

Seriously, this is not uncommon with some of the native kids from cold, interior areas.

For me, 70 degrees in Alaska seems nice and warm, just right in fact, but 70 degrees in Hawaii seems a bit cool, for some reason.

I guess it's because we can mostly adapt to a wide variety of climates, so those temps become outlying on the opposite sides of the spectrum.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:30 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,437,875 times
Quote:
Yeah you do too, not many places in the WC AC, but it's not uncommon to see people wearing light jackets at night during the summer.

The Summer.

The Summer.

Yes right

Old 01-24-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:

I don't envy your disgusting humidity.

If humidifty is so great why does the body get overheated quicker ?
It's not comfortable or pleaseant..the body disagrees.

You must not go outside or something .

Old 01-24-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Here many places run their AC at 70F, and at least half the people bring sweaters or hoodies to not be cold in those establishments come summer time.

So what do they mean by 'light clothing'? Hoodies? Sweaters? Because if an indoor place is 64 degrees, I need a sweater, pants, socks and even then I'm uncomfortably cold. As are most people.

By 'light clothing' I mean shorts, t-shirt, no socks. And for that the indoor temperature better be at least 75F.
Try putting your heat to 81 and see how that feels.

64 indoors is not the same as outside.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
Try putting your heat to 81 and see how that feels.
When I'm on business I set my heat to 80F if it's the winter and I'm in a cold place. Feels great. Ofc, I will be in short sleeves, and no socks.

Quote:
64 indoors is not the same as outside.
Both cases, it's uncomfortably cold unless you layer. And I hate to be layered, especially indoors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City