Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 07:47 PM

10,726 posts, read 23,670,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Sante Fe - never been and hear great things about it

Wilmington DE or Wilmington NC?
The one in NC, they got great beaches around there and I can say hi to Mom who lives there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
Charlotte. The people are nicer and there's more things to do on a weekend.

Asheville or Savannah?
this one is a tough decision, they both sound very enticing for a weekend getaway. I've been to Charleston though and I've heard Savannah is similar but I haven't been to the Smokies/Southern Apalachians and Asheville sounds really cool so I'll go with NC on both counts here.

Anchorage, AK or Salt Lake City, UT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 AM

18,965 posts, read 32,468,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
The one in NC, they got great beaches around there and I can say hi to Mom who lives there.

this one is a tough decision, they both sound very enticing for a weekend getaway. I've been to Charleston though and I've heard Savannah is similar but I haven't been to the Smokies/Southern Apalachians and Asheville sounds really cool so I'll go with NC on both counts here.

Anchorage, AK or Salt Lake City, UT?
Anchorage. SLC is kind of a dump from what I saw in my short visit and I feel the scenery in and around Anchorage would be more spectacular than SLC.

Big Island of Hawaii (Kona) or Key West?

Old 12-07-2012, 03:17 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,899,538 times
Kona. I've never been to Hawaii before.

San Francisco or Quebec City?

Old 12-07-2012, 03:24 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,209,668 times
San Francisco- More vibrant, more things for me to do, beaches, warm weather.

Where would you rather spend a weekend Gary or Camden? And yes you are allowed to go around in the metro areas they are in

Old 12-07-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post

Where would you rather spend a weekend Gary or Camden? And yes you are allowed to go around in the metro areas they are in
In that case I'd stay in Camden for all of five minutes and quicky make a beeline to the nearest PATCO station to ride the next train into Center City Philadelphia.

Quebec City or Calgary?

Old 12-07-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
Just FYI in case you do plan a visit, the beaches are nowhere near the warm weather and neither is the city of SF. Warm weather in the Bay Area is inland suburbia.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
In that case I'd stay in Camden for all of five minutes and quicky make a beeline to the nearest PATCO station to ride the next train into Center City Philadelphia.

Quebec City or Calgary?
Quebec City, seems way more unique and interesting than Calgary.

Vancouver BC or Seattle?

Old 12-07-2012, 04:54 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,899,538 times
Seattle. I've been to Vancouver quite a lot for camp when I was younger, these days I have a different relationship with the place that I'd rather not get into. Lovely city- one of my world favorites actually but I haven't seen Seattle yet so it wins out.

Upper Peninsula Michigan or Sedona, Arizona?

Old 12-07-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post
Seattle. I've been to Vancouver quite a lot of camp when I was younger, these days I have a different relationship with the place that I'd rather not get into. Lovely city- one of my world favorites actually but I haven't seen Seattle yet so it wins out.

UP. Have been to Sedona and I prefer going to a place where I can swim too or at least by by water. Not sure if it's warm enough to swim in the UP though, thinking it's not.

Lake Tahoe, CA or Vail, Co?

Old 12-07-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post
Seattle. I've been to Vancouver quite a lot for camp when I was younger, these days I have a different relationship with the place that I'd rather not get into. Lovely city- one of my world favorites actually but I haven't seen Seattle yet so it wins out.

The UP sure does look beautiful, but Sedona is one of those places I never get tired of and want to visit again and again. I'd go back to Sedona. My favorite place for hiking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
UP. Have been to Sedona and I prefer going to a place where I can swim too or at least by by water. Not sure if it's warm enough to swim in the UP though, thinking it's not.

Lake Tahoe, CA or Vail, Co?
you can swim at Slide Rock State Park in Sedona, it's fun!

Lake Tahoe, looks amazing. Colorado is just a few hours to the north of me and I go often enough.

Grand Canyon or Acadia National Park?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City