U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 AM

256 posts, read 436,838 times

Advertisements

For me these cities are underrated
1. Eugene Oregon - nice size city, tons of young smart people and growing economy and area. Very clean and crime in low.

2. Tacoma Washington - The crime is waayyy waayyy overstated. It has tons of culture and great food. yes it is grity but really it is a nice and underrated city.

3. Pittsburgh Pennsylvania - Visit here once and I say it is clean and for a industrial city it is forward thinking. More people should consider moving there because I think it is rather nice.

4. Philadelphia Pennsylvania - I think it gets too much of a bad name. Me it for being a large city it is really charming.

5. Tampa Florida - Growing economy and everything. However it never gets any love. It is always Miami but never Tampa.

Last edited by downnice; 12-05-2012 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: mistype
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,341,283 times
I agree... Philadelphia is extremely underrated.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:27 PM

1,356 posts, read 2,216,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downnice View Post
For me these cities are underrated
1. Eugene Oregon - nice size city, tons of young smart people and growing economy and area. Very clean and crime in low.

2. Tacoma Washington - The crime is waayyy waayyy overstated. It has tons of culture and great food. yes it is grity but really it is a nice and underrated city.

3. Pittsburgh Pennsylvania - Visit here once and I say it is clean and for a industrial city it is forward thinking. More people should consider moving there because I think it is rather nice.

4. Philadelphia Pennsylvania - I think it gets too much of a bad name. Me it for being a large city it is really charming.

5. Tampa Florida - Growing economy and everything. However it never gets any love. It is always Miami but never Tampa.
Eugene is fairly small. Nothing there to really make it "underrated".

Tacoma is the 15th largest metro in the US, but is in a rural state, therefore, not creating much of a prominent name.

Neither Pittsburgh or Philadelphia are underrated IMO, especially Philly.

Tampa, despite having almost 5M+ metro, has recently became very "trashy" and lacking development, ect.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:12 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,341,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
Eugene is fairly small. Nothing there to really make it "underrated".

Tacoma is the 15th largest metro in the US, but is in a rural state, therefore, not creating much of a prominent name.

Neither Pittsburgh or Philadelphia are underrated IMO, especially Philly.

Tampa, despite having almost 5M+ metro, has recently became very "trashy" and lacking development, ect.
Philadelphia is certainly underrated in real life.... maybe not on this forum, but certainly in real life. I grew up in a nearby suburb of Philadelphia and had NO intentions of moving here until I actually came here for school. Now I will never leave. It is the same for most people in the area. Most suburbanites always say "Philadelphia??... why not NYC??"... it isn't until they actually come and visit Philadelphia when they say "wow this place is awesome.".. and "NYC is too expensive, I'm moving to Philadelphia."

So yes, it is extremely underrated... even down to the people who live in the area.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM

976 posts, read 1,807,078 times
no order..

pittsburgh
st. louis
baltimore
cleveland

Old 12-05-2012, 04:38 PM

9,042 posts, read 17,301,151 times
Quebec City: Most European feeling city in North America, an architectural and cultural treasure.

Omaha: One of my favorite river cities full of charm, a great downtown, and nice parks along the Missouri River. Omaha had the best steak in the universe.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:13 PM

983 posts, read 1,353,423 times
What are the most underrated big cities in America?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...or-cities.html

What are the most UNDER RATED metros of the us?

Underated cities 2011

Old 12-05-2012, 05:28 PM

9,042 posts, read 17,301,151 times
This thread includes Canada, so..... keep it going.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:42 AM

256 posts, read 436,838 times
May I also add Ottawa. Toronto and Montreal are the big brothers but Ottawa is a good mix of everything

Old 12-06-2012, 08:45 AM

4,245 posts, read 5,747,512 times
Portland Maine and Milwaulkee are places that no one ever hears about but my experience with them is "who knew!" "Great towns!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or