Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the better nightlife?
Chicago 109 81.95%
Philadelphia 24 18.05%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 04:57 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,696,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Chicago is like that every single weekend?
Yes. The place is nuts. I used to live there. It has a much more concentrated nightlife than NYC (although altogether a smaller nightlife).

This thread is a joke =. The comparison should be Chicago vs NYC nightlife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 06:35 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,179,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Yes. The place is nuts. I used to live there. It has a much more concentrated nightlife than NYC (although altogether a smaller nightlife).

This thread is a joke =. The comparison should be Chicago vs NYC nightlife.
Boosting at it's finest right there. Honestly, Chicago's nightlife is more comparable to Philly nightlife (not implying that it is not better), than NYC nightlife.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:43 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,696,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Boosting at it's finest right there. Honestly, Chicago's nightlife is more comparable to Philly nightlife (not implying that it is not better), than NYC nightlife.
I am not boosting. Chicago nightlife is insane. Its not on NYC level but closer to NYC than Philly is to Chicago.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:57 PM

1,108 posts, read 2,281,121 times
Chicago, and it's really not close. Chicago has the best bar scene in the country, hands down, as well as some great clubs and craft cocktail spots. Neighborhood bars are truly woven into the fabric of the city unlike anywhere else I've ever seen (except maybe Milwaukee, which is much smaller.)

Philly has some very good bars and fun nightlife neighborhoods, but doesn't have nearly the quantity of bars nor the drinking culture that Chicago has. I'd put Philly's nightlife on par with Boston and slightly below San Francisco. Chicago is way ahead.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:54 PM

2,346 posts, read 3,980,260 times
Chicago. Best bar city in the US by a longshot IMO.

Not even close

Old 12-16-2012, 08:18 AM

31,990 posts, read 34,555,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orzo View Post
Philly has some very good bars and fun nightlife neighborhoods, but doesn't have nearly the quantity of bars nor the drinking culture that Chicago has. I'd put Philly's nightlife on par with Boston and slightly below San Francisco. Chicago is way ahead.
What if your focus is on dancing with women rather than imbibing alcohol?

Old 12-16-2012, 08:38 AM

2,423 posts, read 4,307,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
What if your focus is on dancing with women rather than imbibing alcohol?
There are plenty of lounges and clubs to do that. Actually plenty of bars too with big dancefloors. I think the point they were making is that you have more than enough bars in Chicago to keep you busy, more so than other cities per capita, which is true. There are plenty of places to dance and meet women, I don't see why you're assuming there aren't....

Another note Chicagoans are extremely celebratory. Citywide celebrations like St. Patricks, Halloween, Black Wednesday and Cinco de Mayo are a big deal. The bars get PACKED and it gets crazy. Chicagoans really like their booze and will make any excuse to drink.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:46 AM

2,546 posts, read 3,286,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
There are plenty of lounges and clubs to do that. Actually plenty of bars too with big dancefloors. I think the point they were making is that you have more than enough bars in Chicago to keep you busy, more so than other cities per capita, which is true. There are plenty of places to dance and meet women, I don't see why you're assuming there aren't....

Another note Chicagoans are extremely celebratory. Citywide celebrations like St. Patricks, Halloween, Black Wednesday and Cinco de Mayo are a big deal. The bars get PACKED and it gets crazy. Chicagoans really like their booze and will make any excuse to drink.
I don't know what things are like now, but i know that historically Chicago has had a very strong club scene. Probably second only to NYC. It is after all the birthplace of house music and legendary clubs like Crobar.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:55 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,451,093 times
Lets just say, some girls I know go out all the time, and hate bars. There are plenty of clubs.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:11 AM

5,964 posts, read 13,079,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Lets just say, some girls I know go out all the time, and hate bars. There are plenty of clubs.
They probably hang out/live around River North and immediate environs. Thats really the place to be if prefers clubs to bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City