Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New York City vs San Francisco
New York 310 56.47%
San Francisco 239 43.53%
Voters: 549. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 07:29 PM

36,628 posts, read 67,146,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The site says "Exploring the Online Networks of International NGOs." In that case, I'm not surprised San Francisco comes out ahead of New York.

In terms of where the work is (Brookings, Amnesty Int'l, CFR, etc.), those jobs are all concentrated in DC, NYC, London, Paris and Geneva.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Lol at happy coming in second. I don't need to win! Just to be close by! Says no New Yorker, ever.
Haha the question SFs very high placement in sooo many rankings begs is: Where the hell are Philly? Boston? DC?
Answer: Frozen in NYs shadow.

And that's the point. SF, like NYC, is no city's second fiddle, is not overshadowed by a neighbor and has its own reputation on the global stage.

So yeah, keep warm Northeastern Eskimos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 07:36 PM

39 posts, read 58,275 times
Why is this even a thread ? Yes SF is cool but NYC is cooler. When it comes to scenery SF dominates, but when i comes to urbanity NYC dominates. Yes the hills and GG and Bay Bridges are truly dope. But its nothing like NYC especially Manhattan. I spent a few days in SF and go to Manhattan all the time. I got bored in SF after 2 days. All the tourist attractions are cool but a city is a city when its down to the nitty gritty. Thats one thing NYC does outside its tourist attractions. It really mean business and thats that. I never get bored with NYC tons of stuff to explore and tons of things to do.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:45 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,138,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha the question SFs very high placement in sooo many rankings begs is: Where the hell are Philly? Boston? DC?
Answer: Frozen in NYs shadow.

And that's the point. SF, like NYC, is no city's second fiddle, is not overshadowed by a neighbor and has its own reputation on the global stage.

So yeah, keep warm Northeastern Eskimos.
Lol SF isn't even number one in its own state, despite the distance to L.A. Talk about second fiddle! Oh, but we're so wealthy! We're different from them! We're smart! Lol an inferiority complex if there ever was one...

Old 12-09-2014, 09:02 PM

36,628 posts, read 67,146,871 times
Quote:
Lol SF isn't even number one in its own state.
Hahaha Number 2 in California is apparently still good enough to rank highly in all sorts of global rankings where Philly is barely a blip on the map.

That's one of the perks of having a single state GDP over $2 trillion-after you subtract LAs trillion, there's still another trillion to divy up and guess who gets the majority of that? LMAO

#trillionaire

Quote:
despite the distance to L.A.
SF and LA are the perfect distance from each other.

You must be so jealous.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:04 PM

379 posts, read 462,675 times
Montclair it's like 4am in Switzerland get some rest man take it easy calm down. No need to get excited.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hahaha Number 2 in California is apparently still good enough to rank highly in all sorts of global rankings where Philly is barely a blip on the map.

That's one of the perks of having a single state GDP over $2 trillion-after you subtract LAs trillion, there's still another trillion to divy up and guess who gets the majority of that? LMAO

#trillionaire

SF and LA are the perfect distance from each other.

You must be so jealous.
Lol so second fiddle. Thanks for the confirmation. You don't even like L.A.--way to keep reaching That one poster was right--you'll claim anything to boost your position. Lol at trying to make this BosWash vs California--this is SF vs NYC. And NYC > SF. It's simple.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:07 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,420,813 times
This post is embarrassing to all Americans, no wonder the world sees us as a bunch of idiots.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:17 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,896,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
This post is embarrassing to all Americans, no wonder the world sees us as a bunch of idiots.
If those in SF and NYC who actually make those cities what they are, would read this, they'd fall off their chairs laughing, I'm sure. While they're hard at work, those who are doing the school yard arguing on this thread, can Google even more to bolster their city. Soon, they'll have hit all the options, and will need to find even more obscure comparisons to post. It really is fun, though, as there is no end to the lengths they will go. Amazing.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:26 PM

^^ If you can't contribute anything worthwhile to the thread, you're free to leave. Having a holier than thou attitude is fairly cliche at this point.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:29 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,896,032 times
Quote:
^^ If you can't contribute anything worthwhile to the thread, you're free to leave. Having a holier than thou attitude is fairly cliche at this point.
As is everything being posted. Hoping to be banned from this site...just too much of the ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City