U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 04:58 PM

718 posts, read 2,440,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I said the south and westsides are dangerous. Whats so hard to understand, amigo? And there are TONS of young professionals moving into the city on a daily basis because most areas are perfectly safe.
Young professionals reside, almost always exclusivley north of the loop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 05:02 PM

20,005 posts, read 67,950,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
Young professionals reside, almost always exclusivley north of the loop.
Its a nice area, why not? Would you expect young professional people in LA to move to Compton?

FYI, the south loop and west loop areas have begun to massively gentrify as well. Buildings near the museum campus have sprouted up like weeds and are also attracting many young professionsals.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:05 PM

2,248 posts, read 6,038,222 times
Chicago vs San Fran? This one is tough...

Does San Fran have a vendetta against people not from the city like Chicago does?

Old 10-16-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Chicago vs San Fran? This one is tough...

Does San Fran have a vendetta against people not from the city like Chicago does?
I swear, people from Indy treat Chicagoans like people from Tucson treat Phoenicians, they cant stand the bigger city next door and therefore need to make smart arse comments all the time. Colts, shouldnt you go back to your "palace" and continue to attack "Joisey" folks (in your words)?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...states-20.html

Old 10-16-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I swear, people from Indy treat Chicagoans like people from Tucson treat Phoenicians, they cant stand the bigger city next door and therefore need to make smart arse comments all the time. Colts, shouldnt you go back to your "palace" and continue to attack "Joisey" folks (in your words)?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...states-20.html
First of all, I'm not even from Indy. I only went there during college and liked it, unlike you. I don't know how many times I have to say this. You act as if we look down on you or something (even though we have good reason to do so).

Maybe if Chicagoans didn't act like they're the center of the universe then we wouldn't even have this issue. It really is a shame how they think they're better than everybody...but particularly people from New York and smaller Midwestern cities like Indy.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:15 PM
j33

4,625 posts, read 12,633,836 times
What is a real shame is how many of these damn threads there are.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:16 PM

4,514 posts, read 8,597,576 times
Quote:
I swear, people from Indy treat Chicagoans like people from Tucson treat Phoenicians, they cant stand the bigger city next door and therefore need to make smart arse comments all the time.
Did you watch David Letterman's show when they had that science fair? The Jr. High girl was from Naperville who went to school in Lisle. Apparently Dave gave a dirty look when she mentioned Naperville, IL.

Last edited by KerrTown; 10-16-2007 at 05:25 PM..

Old 10-16-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
First of all, I'm not even from Indy. I only went there during college and liked it, unlike you. I don't know how many times I have to say this. You act as if we look down on you or something (even though we have good reason to do so).

Maybe if Chicagoans didn't act like they're the center of the universe then we wouldn't even have this issue. It really is a shame how they think they're better than everybody...but particularly people from New York and smaller Midwestern cities.
Noone thinks that. Sure we defend our city like everyone else, but Ive never met a single person who thinks Chicago is the "center of the universe". That phrase is usually used by New Yorkers, not us. We're content with the fact that we're not in the spotlight as much as LA and NYC.

The way I see it is, everyone outside of Chicagoland has a hatred of Chicago. They see it as a "bully" or a "monster" (yes, Ive heard those terms tossed about) and feel the need to attack it all the time.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Did you watch David Letterman's show when they had that science fair? The Jr. High girl was from Naperville who went to school in Lisle. Apparently Dave was bitter when she mentioned Naperville, IL. He gave a dirty look because it's in Chicagoland.

Then on another show when the Colts and the Bears were in the Super Bowl, his guest (maybe Bob Newhart) was from Chicagoland. Dave said he didn't like Chicago.

Those two events illustrate his dislike for Chicago.
I'm sure this is just an isolated case and not representative of everyone...but I think you have it mixed up my friend. It's the Chicago people that don't like Indy, not the other way around.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Did you watch David Letterman's show when they had that science fair? The Jr. High girl was from Naperville who went to school in Lisle. Apparently Dave was bitter when she mentioned Naperville, IL. He gave a dirty look because it's in Chicagoland.

Then on another show when the Colts and the Bears were in the Super Bowl, his guest (maybe Bob Newhart) was from Chicagoland. Dave said he didn't like Chicago.

Those two events illustrate his dislike for Chicago.
He's jealous because Oprah makes more $$ than he does and is more well-known.

Dave can take his gap-toothed mouth and shut it. He's another one of those "we're NYC so we're the center of the universe" folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City