U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 05:20 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,321,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
I'm sure this is just an isolated case and not representative of everyone...but I think you have it mixed up my friend. It's the Chicago people that don't like Indy, not the other way around.
In my 30 years in the area, Ive NEVER heard anyone back talk Indy. If anything, Chicagoans dislike Wisconsinites because of their hatred for us. Oh, that and the Packers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 07:33 PM

3,592 posts, read 7,694,907 times
I'm not even aware that Indianapolis exists. It's, like... all the way over there. That said, the worst driving experience I have ever had in my life was in Indianapolis. Even Boston is mild in comparison.

People really do hate Chicago. Rarely do I find people who have positive things to say about us. I'm alright with this; it keeps the Californians from suburbanizing even more of our land and it keeps us under the radar from the east coast.

The beach resort I vacationed at this summer wasn't overrun with terrible rap stars or Manhattan business people

Old 10-16-2007, 07:57 PM

2,248 posts, read 6,196,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I'm not even aware that Indianapolis exists.
Textbook Chicago mentality.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:41 PM

358 posts, read 1,809,991 times
Quote:
Chicago vs San Fran? This one is tough...

Does San Fran have a vendetta against people not from the city like Chicago does?
Most people who live in San Fran aren't from San Fran. Would be odd if they had a vendetta to others who weren't!

Old 10-17-2007, 04:06 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,548,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliano View Post
Most people who live in San Fran aren't from San Fran. Would be odd if they had a vendetta to others who weren't!
They do and, yes, it is odd.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:12 PM

82 posts, read 66,605 times
Quote:
Textbook Chicago mentality.
Serious, I have to agree with you here. I have been to Chicago plenty of times, and never have I been around a more defensive crowd. How awful it must be to have to defend your city so much. It's like they are trying to convince themselves that it's the best.

Also, Houston, as you can probably see from reading this board alone (mpope), has a serious problem with people being defensive too. It just looks so pathetic when these people get all hurt anytime someone does not like their city. I could care less what people think about Portland. I really don't understand the mentality of Steve-o, Mpope, afj..., and all the others who get all hurt about simple comments.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I'm not even aware that Indianapolis exists. It's, like... all the way over there. That said, the worst driving experience I have ever had in my life was in Indianapolis. Even Boston is mild in comparison.

People really do hate Chicago. Rarely do I find people who have positive things to say about us. I'm alright with this; it keeps the Californians from suburbanizing even more of our land and it keeps us under the radar from the east coast.

The beach resort I vacationed at this summer wasn't overrun with terrible rap stars or Manhattan business people
I would really love to see you visit that "beach resort" in the middle of January. Oh, that's right, you can't. Haha, and it's not even on the ocean, how nice

Old 10-17-2007, 04:16 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,321,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
Serious, I have to agree with you here. I have been to Chicago plenty of times, and never have I been around a more defensive crowd. How awful it must be to have to defend your city so much. It's like they are trying to convince themselves that it's the best.

Also, Houston, as you can probably see from reading this board alone (mpope), has a serious problem with people being defensive too. It just looks so pathetic when these people get all hurt anytime someone does not like their city. I could care less what people think about Portland. I really don't understand the mentality of Steve-o, Mpope, afj..., and all the others who get all hurt about simple comments.
Isnt Blues Clues on right now?

Old 10-17-2007, 05:55 PM

Steve-o, are you saying that you don't sit here defending Chicago against basically every comment that you see as demeaning? Do you actually believe that what I have said is not true? If that's the case, and you want to argue it, I can look at your past posts and show you.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:26 PM

21,148 posts, read 37,422,395 times
Quote:

Most people leaving California would not even consider the Frost Belt------especially being that many parts of the Sun Belt are no more expensive so you are 'safe', coldwine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City