Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Buffalo 16 40.00%
NYC 24 60.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,528,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Or people just have a sense of humor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingDFW View Post
or they just have different preferences.
Sense of humor and preferences aside, the OP asked which is the better city and NYC crushes Buffalo easily. If this thread was NYC vs DC, NYC vs Philly, NYC vs Boston, NYC vs etc NYC would be winning by a landslide and the three cities I used as an example all crush Buffalo as well.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 AM

465 posts, read 872,178 times
This is a joke thread, right? 22 million people in NYC and one million people in Buffalo.

Even if Buffalo became the fastest growing city on earth, it would be well beyond our lifetimes when it could challenge NYC.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 AM

933 posts, read 1,532,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
Sense of humor and preferences aside, the OP asked which is the better city and NYC crushes Buffalo easily. If this thread was NYC vs DC, NYC vs Philly, NYC vs Boston, NYC vs etc NYC would be winning by a landslide and the three cities I used as an example all crush Buffalo as well.
That's your opinion as well. It's very subjective.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:31 AM

778 posts, read 997,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Born View Post
This is a joke thread, right? 22 million people in NYC and one million people in Buffalo.

Even if Buffalo became the fastest growing city on earth, it would be well beyond our lifetimes when it could challenge NYC.

It goes without saying that NYC destroys Buffalo, but population isnt a reason why.

Higher populations are not a basis whatsoever for city superiority.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:32 AM

465 posts, read 872,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyooooo View Post
Higher populations are not a basis whatsoever for city superiority.
Couldn't be more wrong. This thread was started to compare relative population and size. Look at the thread title.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:39 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,515,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingDFW View Post
That's your opinion as well. It's very subjective.
It's all opinion and I'm sure you can find some people that really prefer Buffalo over New York--and Buffalo is probably underrated considering you hear little about it in general on here.

On the other hand looking at the poll--it's a little hard to believe that 45% of people you would ask would really prefer Buffalo as a city over New York--let alone really have much experience or knowledge of the city to really judge Buffalo as much as New York. I mean, it's kind of fun to root for the underdog just get a laugh if Buffalo actually beats New York in a poll.

Though I just have to say the following bolded lines below are pretty impressive in over-the-top homerific posts or simply humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffalonianPride View Post
With an economy that is changing, demographics shifting, and businesses that are growing, Buffalo is set to be the biggest city in the nation. I mean look, when the temperatures rise and water begins to become scarce, who will have access to the largest fresh water supply in the world? ...not NYC! Also, people are FLOCKING to Buffalo. Buffalo's population is expected to surpass 400,000 in 2020. Compared to the 30,000 loss the previous decade. With this growth, I'd say Buffalo will be larger than NY by 2040.
It's an attempt to get a conversation started about Buffalo--like I said, it's been done previously on here regarding Pueblo, Colorado or other mid-sized or smaller cities. It's a slightly clever way to bring some attention--though I don't think anyone even the OP really believes Buffalo will someday become bigger than NYC. Not even in an alternate reality or the realm of science fiction, though that'd be an intersting read....

Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM

78 posts, read 83,091 times
Ridiculous poll. Buffalo is the worst city in the country. Even Detroit is better.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,337,014 times
Wow, Buffalo = best city in the world.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:49 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,300,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffalonianPride View Post
Companies headquartered in Buffalo such as geico, xerox, kodak, and First Niagara are hiring by the thousands! Even Buffalo's grocery chain, Wegmans, is set to add 100 new stores!
Cool, except only one of the five companies you listed is headquartered in Buffalo. I guess Rochester is the best city in the world.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:56 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,587,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Cool, except only one of the five companies you listed is headquartered in Buffalo. I guess Rochester is the best city in the world.
Apparently he thinks Rochester is a "suburb" of Buffalo along with Syracuse and Albany. It's pretty funny. And yes also interesting that most of the companies he listed are actually Rochester companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City