Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 03:02 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Isn't Dallas the 2nd fastest growing metro for AA in the U.S. after Atlanta? Can't be all that bad. My AA friends and co-workers love living here. You all need to start thinking beyond black culture also. I don't sit around thinking wow! I'm glad I live in a city that's great for whites. I like living in a multi-cultural area. As for my oreo comment. Of course Atlanta has diversity, but it is more oreo than Dallas.
Probably because that's practically any city since Whites are the majority.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:02 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,730,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It's not quite that high. Blacks only comprise 54% of the population within the city itself. Metrowide, it's definitely under 50%.
Youre right. I was looking at an earlier estimate.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:08 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,297,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Probably because that's practically any city since Whites are the majority.
Exactly, but that isn't the case in Dallas. Whites aren't the majority. Why does every Atlanta thread turn into a race debate? Why is it such a big issue over there? sigh

Old 02-23-2013, 03:11 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,730,434 times
Quote:
Exactly, but that isn't the case in Dallas. Whites aren't the majority. Why does every Atlanta thread turn into a race debate? Why is it such a big issue over there? sigh
Perhaps he is talking about the MSA?

Old 02-23-2013, 03:36 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,217 times
Quote:
Isn't Dallas the 2nd fastest growing metro for AA in the U.S. after Atlanta? Can't be all that bad. My AA friends and co-workers love living here. You all need to start thinking beyond black culture also. I don't sit around thinking wow! I'm glad I live in a city that's great for whites. I like living in a multi-cultural area. As for my oreo comment. Of course Atlanta has diversity, but it is more oreo than Dallas.
I grew up in Miami so I know about cultural things I lived and breathed it every day., and I am Bajan. In Miami blacks are in proverty. They don't have the clout. Atlanta does. I was very impressed with Atlanta's blacks especially considering our history..

I'm pretty your Co workers love Dallas but I didn't write the article someone in your city. Did

Old 02-23-2013, 05:42 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
I grew up in Miami so I know about cultural things I lived and breathed it every day., and I am Bajan. In Miami blacks are in proverty. They don't have the clout. Atlanta does. I was very impressed with Atlanta's blacks especially considering our history..

I'm pretty your Co workers love Dallas but I didn't write the article someone in your city. Did
All that article was stating was that Dallas selections for single Blacks such as clubs, bars, lounges, meet-ups, etc., are not as good as they are in DC, Atlanta, and even Houston. It wasn't a negative article saying Blacks have it hard In Dallas whatsoever. Dallas is very popular for Black families. Singles are too but not nearly as much.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:18 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times
Quote:
Perhaps you missed the coded language by the OP earlier in the discussion, and he was called out for it. It's other people who are uncomfortable with the large Black population in Atlanta who make an issue out of it; it's just everyday reality for us.

And I meant that Whites are the majority nationwide, so in any city/metro in the U.S., you're going to find a large number of Whites even if they aren't the local majority.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:14 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Good point. And a good reason to close this thread which has veered way off topic.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City