Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:14 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Lol at those pictures. Mexico is one of the dumpiest countries on the world - bland cities in The United States like Charlotte look very appealing now.
When were you last in Mexico? I await your response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 07:39 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,987,596 times
The DF is a great worldclass city being unfairly portrayed in those pics IMO

Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,887,176 times
It's great to hear of the Chi-town defenders. For those of us on the outside, it always seems to get a bad rap on crime, when in fact many neighborhoods seem to be very livable and mostly crime free.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 PM

580 posts, read 1,180,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
When were you last in Mexico? I await your response
Listen up, do not even try to come off in a condescending tone to me or question my intelligence. I have never stepped foot in that poverty stricken, crime ridden, dumpy third world country and never will. I only visit first world countries where the quality of life is high, not third world dumps ran by hooligans and their underground drug trade cartel business.

If Mexico is such a great country why does it have one of the highest murder rates in the world? If Mexico is such a great country why do the natives flee on the first bus to America or try to flee illegally? It's such a poor country the locals can't even drink the water and have to boil it.

When HDI released their last list the holy land of Mexico came in at a pathetic, disgraceful and embarassing 57th place. I would be ashamed to look myself in the mirror and leave it ASAP. The dumpy countries of Uruguay, Montenegro, Bulgaria and Saudia Arabia (lol) placed higher than Mexico. And they are only slightly ahead of their third world neighbors of Libya and Kazakhstan. How embarrassing to Mexico for Libya, which is a country who has people rioting in the streets and portraying themselves as savages because their government is not treating them correctly. I have never respected Mexico and never will. I would never grace that poor excuse of a country with my presence.

Last edited by Ice Cream Man; 03-05-2013 at 09:58 PM..

Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,905,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
It's great to hear of the Chi-town defenders. For those of us on the outside, it always seems to get a bad rap on crime, when in fact many neighborhoods seem to be very livable and mostly crime free.
Pretty much. The media loves to blow it up because there's gun control going on here. Unfortunately people don't understand it's much more complicated than that with some of the gangs and how easy it is to get guns by even just going out of the metro area. Not that hard. A lot of the homicide or pretty violent crimes are actually gang on gang or drug trade related.

In any case, here are some national rankings of large cities that might surprise people.

Murder & Non negligent Manslaughter - 16th. Cities with a worse rate = Miami, Washington DC, Memphis, Cleveland, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Baltimore, St. Louis, Detroit, New Orleans, etc

Robbery - 12th. Cities with a worse rate = Philadelphia, Atlanta, Baltimore, Washington DC, Detroit, St. Louis, Cleveland, etc

Aggravated Assault - 24th. Cities with a worse rate = Cleveland, Washington DC, Boston, Albuquerque, Anchorage, Houston, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Miami, Baltimore, Atlanta, Memphis, St. Louis, Detroit, etc

Property Crime - 37th. Cities with a worse rate = Phoenix, Washington DC, Fort Worth, Baltimore, Nashville, Louisville, Houston, Dallas, Portland, Seattle, Austin, Miami, San Antonio, Kansas City, Detroit, Columbus, Cleveland, Memphis, Atlanta, St. Louis, etc

Burglary - 38th. Cities with a worse rate = Charlotte, Seattle, St. Paul, New Orleans, San Antonio, Louisville, Nashville, Phoenix, Houston, Minneapolis, Fort Worth, Baltimore, Kansas City, Dallas, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Memphis, St. Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, etc

Larceny-Theft - 39th. Cities with a worse rate = Colorado Springs, Baltimore, Charlotte, Dallas, San Francisco, Fort Worth, Omaha, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Houston, Louisville, Washington DC, Nashville, Kansas City, Seattle, Miami, Portland, Columbus, San Antonio, St. Louis, etc

Motor Vehicle Theft - 11th. Cities with a worse rate = New Orleans, Kansas City, Atlanta, Detroit, St. Louis, etc

Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 AM

580 posts, read 1,180,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Also, all of the crime in Chicago is concentrated in certain neighborhoods and are easily avoidable - truly world class to the max.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:31 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,503,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Also, all of the crime in Chicago is concentrated in certain neighborhoods and are easily avoidable - truly world class to the max.
This is what the media fails to portray, and a lot of people who haven't been there just assume it's bad everywhere around the city.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:45 PM

886 posts, read 1,562,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
^Geez, at least post some D.F. pictures from the past 25 years.
LMAO

It's Bill Loney, just grab some popcorn and enjoy the show. Bill Bill, you bring tears of joys to my eyes, you comedian, you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City