Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 10:50 AM

48 posts, read 66,045 times

Advertisements

Yeah I never thought NYC had a reputation for being clean, it's actually pretty gritty but I prefer that in a city. In my opinion grit adds an urban authenticity that I don't think you find in many other areas of the country, particularly the Sun Belt cities. It's the reason Philly and NYC are my two favorite cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 07:30 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
San Fran I think takes the cake on this one.

san francisco - Bing Images

Looking at a picture like that you just don't tend to imagine the amount of filth and stench that line those beautiful buildings. lol.

The only other really dirty cities I have come across are in the northeast. Those cities all know they are dirty though. They aren't trying to fool anyone. haha.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
New York City, especially in the summer.
The only time "New York" and "clean" belong in the same sentence is if you're saying "New York is not clean".

Old 03-04-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
yeah, San Francisco is much cleaner than most North Eastern Cities.
I found San Diego to be relatively clean, too

LA and many LA County cities are just filthy, it may not always be litter, but there is a layer of dust and grime that just seems to cover anything.
Does L.A. have a reputation for being clean though? If anything, its dirtiness is overstated. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to calmly explain to people that L.A. is not in fact the spitting image of a third world hellhole.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:40 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,954,514 times
Last 3 seconds "I want to get chocolate wasted" is similar to what my friends in Austin and Washington DC look and sound like (naive, cute, innocent) when they find out San Francisco isn't a panacea for cleanliness, also known as their favorite city.

I wanna get chocolate wasted! - YouTube

Old 03-04-2013, 08:46 PM

1,370 posts, read 3,052,100 times
San Francisco never struck me as dirty when I was there. LA on the other hand, it probably one of the dirtiest cities in a developed nation. Some areas look like that of a third-world country.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:53 PM

1,370 posts, read 3,052,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Miami Named Cleanest City in America
While this is 5 years old, it's pretty accurate in my book. Miami, for all its faults, is not a dirty city.
This report is a joke. There are areas in San Jose that are almost as bad as Oakland. And although I've never been to Jacksonville or OKC, I would never picture either of them to be very clean.
Portland is only clean in the Downtown and Westside areas.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portlanderinOC View Post
San Francisco never struck me as dirty when I was there. LA on the other hand, it probably one of the dirtiest cities in a developed nation. Some areas look like that of a third-world country.
What areas would those be?

Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,954,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Yeahhh seriously.

If he thinks Los Angeles (or any American city for that matter) are dirty as developing world then he needs to go and spend time in dirt capitals like Delhi, Cairo, Calcutta, and Jakarta. He would implode!

By the way, people tossing around "third world", have you ever been to a third world city? If so, which one? Because the worst in America is like Manhattan in comparison to those places.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:38 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,946,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
lol Seriously. Have any of these people SEEN a third world city? They should get over themselves. They are in no position to judge because they lack the capacity to be rational in their opinions. F*cking retards. I've seen villages in Afghanistan where the roads are littered with dead animals, there are canals of human waste and grungy little kids running around everywhere barefoot looking for water. They even collected our **** bottles. THAT is third world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City