U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 AM
 
3,858 posts, read 2,500,154 times
Reputation: 2494

Advertisements

I am from L.A. but didn't really grow up there. Chicago was more memberable to me. I came back to L.A. In 2009. What I noticed is that Mexicans in L.A. Seem to be more prejudice.
I'm Mexican and I could never understand the mentality of my folks back in LA.



As for NY , I heard there are some there in the east Harlem area.


What's the difference you see between all of us?

 
Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Willowbend/Houston
13,403 posts, read 20,277,910 times
Reputation: 10181
Same culture, different city. The only big difference is that there aren't nearly as many Mexicans in NYC as LA or Chicago.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,509 posts, read 27,244,461 times
Reputation: 7562
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Same culture, different city. The only big difference is that there aren't nearly as many Mexicans in NYC as LA or Chicago.
Oh there is definitely a difference.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Willowbend/Houston
13,403 posts, read 20,277,910 times
Reputation: 10181
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Oh there is definitely a difference.
Perhaps the region of Mexico they come from in Mexico.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
3,939 posts, read 3,893,286 times
Reputation: 4427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I am from L.A. but didn't really grow up there. Chicago was more memberable to me. I came back to L.A. In 2009. What I noticed is that Mexicans in L.A. Seem to be more prejudice.
I'm Mexican and I could never understand the mentality of my folks back in LA.



As for NY , I heard there are some there in the east Harlem area.


What's the difference you see between all of us?

The Mexicans in Los Angeles don't like blacks. The ones in Chicago aren't nearly as prejudiced.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,207 posts, read 25,896,902 times
Reputation: 8963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
The Mexicans in Los Angeles don't like blacks. The ones in Chicago aren't nearly as prejudiced.
But they heavily segregate themselves from Blacks in Chicago and even in the suburbs. From my understanding listening to my family up there, there is some problems. Not LA like. But problems nonetheless.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
3,939 posts, read 3,893,286 times
Reputation: 4427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
But they heavily segregate themselves from Blacks in Chicago and even in the suburbs. From my understanding listening to my family up there, there is some problems. Not LA like. But problems nonetheless.
Maybe, but I've rarely had any problems with Mexicans in Chicago. If nothing else there seems to be more indifference than hostility. LA is a lot worse, IMO.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Upper West Side, Manhattan, NYC
14,304 posts, read 17,919,697 times
Reputation: 6255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Maybe, but I've rarely had any problems with Mexicans in Chicago. If nothing else there seems to be more indifference than hostility. LA is a lot worse, IMO.
Agreed with this
 
Old 03-10-2013, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,509 posts, read 27,244,461 times
Reputation: 7562
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Same culture, different city. The only big difference is that there aren't nearly as many Mexicans in NYC as LA or Chicago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Oh there is definitely a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Perhaps the region of Mexico they come from in Mexico.
Nope

Wait for it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
The Mexicans in Los Angeles don't like blacks. The ones in Chicago aren't nearly as prejudiced.
Bingo.!!!!

Anyway, it's not just Chicago, race relations between blacks and Mexicans throughout Texas are better than in LA.
They intermingle quite well in Houston and dfw
 
Old 03-10-2013, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Chicago(Northside)
3,719 posts, read 5,858,152 times
Reputation: 1642
Los Angeles mexicans are extremely wealthy, they own businesses attend schools in Calabasas. There doing well out their well at least most of them. More wealthy and advanced then any other city in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top