U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which metro area is more diverse?
LA 30 27.78%
NYC 63 58.33%
About equal 15 13.89%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 03:27 PM

5,303 posts, read 7,632,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
Wouldn't even bother with him. The guy states his personal opinions (a whole lot of them just quite ridiculous) as if they are facts. Seems to be difficult for him to figure out in his head that people have different taste in things. What's especially ridiculous is that he doesn't realize that he is a minority in this country that doesn't live under snow and would consider anything starting from Texas panhandle and further up too cold lol.
No, I said I THINK, not that everyone has to think this way. And yes, I loathe snow and cold weather, but that's my opinion. You're entitled to yours, and I to mine. Now **** and leave me alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 03:36 PM

669 posts, read 690,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
No, I said I THINK, not that everyone has to think this way. And yes, I loathe snow and cold weather, but that's my opinion. You're entitled to yours, and I to mine. Now **** and leave me alone.
Then quit ****ing talking with the tone as if they are facts. I will never reply to you if you stop doing that I give you my word. And please don't even pretend like that you don't do that just man up and admit it for once.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:40 PM

10,087 posts, read 12,561,310 times
Quote:
Then quit ****ing talking with the tone as if they are facts. I will never reply to you if you stop doing that I give you my word. And please don't even pretend like that you don't do that just man up and admit it for once.
Pot meet kettle. You do the exact same thing talking about LA on this thread.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Pot meet kettle. You do the exact same thing talking about LA on this thread.
Like what say it's rich side is less white than NYC? Oh wait that actually is facts.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:55 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,493,009 times
The Top 10 Most Diverse Cities in America

Does this answer our questions?

I voted that they were about the same. The difference to me is that you see different types of diversity in NYC and LA. Since NY and LA are on opposite coasts the racial and ethnic mixes are obviously different. But IMO what ever city you think is #1, there is no other city in the USA and maybe the world outside of London, Paris, Toronto and Hong Kong that are more diverse than either NYC or LA.

Last edited by MB8abovetherim; 05-25-2013 at 04:05 PM..

Old 05-25-2013, 04:06 PM

5,303 posts, read 7,632,341 times
Yes, I posted that link somewhere else. LA is more diverse, according to this, than NYC. And yes, yuusr is a hypocrite. And when did I ever talk as if they are facts? I said each time I THINK NYC is overrated, I THINK LA has nicer people. If I was talking in a tone that made it sound like they're fact, I would've just said "LA is better, it has nicer people", not "I think". You're just a troll trying to stir the pot.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:41 PM

10,087 posts, read 12,561,310 times
Quote:
Like what say it's rich side is less white than NYC? Oh wait that actually is facts.
Please write in English next time.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB8abovetherim View Post
The Top 10 Most Diverse Cities in America

Does this answer our questions?

I voted that they were about the same. The difference to me is that you see different types of diversity in NYC and LA. Since NY and LA are on opposite coasts the racial and ethnic mixes are obviously different. But IMO what ever city you think is #1, there is no other city in the USA and maybe the world outside of London, Paris, Toronto and Hong Kong that are more diverse than either NYC or LA.
Yeah as if there aren't a dozen of these on the internet.

Yahoo!

Most And Least Diverse Cities: Brown University Study Evaluates Diversity In The U.S.

New York City is the Most Diverse Place in the U.S. Thanks to Under-the-Radar Asians - New York - News - Runnin' Scared

Study: Houston area passes NYC as nation's most diverse

The real data is available to everyone though the census. People see for themselves and see which is more diverse. Don't know how this even became a debate.

Last edited by yyuusr; 05-25-2013 at 05:46 PM..

Old 05-25-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Yes, I posted that link somewhere else. LA is more diverse, according to this, than NYC. And yes, yuusr is a hypocrite. And when did I ever talk as if they are facts? I said each time I THINK NYC is overrated, I THINK LA has nicer people. If I was talking in a tone that made it sound like they're fact, I would've just said "LA is better, it has nicer people", not "I think". You're just a troll trying to stir the pot.
Quote:
I think New York is a bit overrated. Yes it is nice and has good public transportation and walkability...but otherwise, Los Angeles offers the same as NYC, with a slightly cheaper price, better weather, better beaches, better natural scenery, and more Middle Easterners. And, despite a lot of fake people, I think Los Angelenos are friendlier as a whole than New Yorkers.
Show me where it says "I think" after any of those.

Then again I don't know why I still keep arguing with a Homer that believes anything he reads on the internet.

Last edited by yyuusr; 05-25-2013 at 05:43 PM..

Old 05-25-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Please write in English next time.
It's called grammar, Einstein. If your going to be a smart aleck to try and avoid the discussion at least do it right.

Last edited by yyuusr; 05-25-2013 at 05:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or