U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Best Mid Sized Southwestern City
Tucson, AZ 46 27.88%
Albuquerque, NM 85 51.52%
El Paso, TX 34 20.61%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-14-2016, 06:48 PM
 
Location: City of North Las Vegas, NV
11,274 posts, read 7,813,073 times
Reputation: 3006

Advertisements


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1lehzp9GoU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-14-2016, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
17,730 posts, read 6,427,436 times
Reputation: 5317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
There are plenty of cities that are hotter than Tucson! Yuma, Bullhead City, Vegas, Phoenix, etc. Tucson is definitely up there but it definitely is not #2 so that ranking is inaccurate.
That list is prob only looking at cities over 250k population, and I agree that Las Vegas is hotter than Tucson in summer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2016, 12:15 AM
 
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
1,333 posts, read 1,644,681 times
Reputation: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
There are plenty of cities that are hotter than Tucson! Yuma, Bullhead City, Vegas, Phoenix, etc. Tucson is definitely up there but it definitely is not #2 so that ranking is inaccurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
That list is prob only looking at cities over 250k population, and I agree that Las Vegas is hotter than Tucson in summer
The list was based on most days of 90 degree temps in a year. If you look at the list it goes exactly in order of how many 90 degree days each city has on average. It starts with Phoenix with 169 average 90 degree days a year and ends at Macon, Georgia with an average of 85 90 degree-plus days a year.

As someone who hates hot weather I don't see this list as a good one to be on at all. Albuquerque has been suffering through a heatwave since June began. We've had only a handful of days where the high was less than 90 degrees. The normal is for us to see 80 degree temps more often this time of year. We've reached triple digits on 4 days during this period, including today (Thursday). Our yearly average is three and yet we may have more in the next few days. July is also our hottest month on average, so we may end up with quite a few more 100 degree days, which would put us way above average for 100 degree days in a year. Ugh, I hate it! It has literally felt like and been hell for me lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2016, 12:41 AM
 
Location: Tempe, AZ
4,431 posts, read 3,503,323 times
Reputation: 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
The list was based on most days of 90 degree temps in a year. If you look at the list it goes exactly in order of how many 90 degree days each city has on average. It starts with Phoenix with 169 average 90 degree days a year and ends at Macon, Georgia with an average of 85 90 degree-plus days a year.

As someone who hates hot weather I don't see this list as a good one to be on at all. Albuquerque has been suffering through a heatwave since June began. We've had only a handful of days where the high was less than 90 degrees. The normal is for us to see 80 degree temps more often this time of year. We've reached triple digits on 4 days during this period, including today (Thursday). Our yearly average is three and yet we may have more in the next few days. July is also our hottest month on average, so we may end up with quite a few more 100 degree days, which would put us way above average for 100 degree days in a year. Ugh, I hate it! It has literally felt like and been hell for me lately.
Arizona has been in a heat wave too, it's been ridiculous here in Tucson. It's supposed to be cloudy and rainy... And it's not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2016, 12:32 PM
 
87 posts, read 170,326 times
Reputation: 42
Downtown El Paso Alive with Investment

A Comprehensive List of Downtown Projects

A couple of years back, it was the hope of City officials that a new baseball stadium and other Quality of Life projects would breathe new life into Downtown revitalization efforts and spur private investment in El Paso's largely-ignored center.




Downtown El Paso is seeing a clear surge of investment with private and public projects spread throughout the area.


El Paso on the Go!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2016, 11:07 AM
 
38 posts, read 36,549 times
Reputation: 22
Tucson is the best out of the 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2016, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Tempe, AZ
4,431 posts, read 3,503,323 times
Reputation: 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherall View Post
Tucson is the best out of the 3.
Why do you say that? I could see Albuquerque being even better than Tucson, but I have never spent time there. I do believe that the desert in Tucson is more beautiful, and the tall mountains both cities have are similar, but Albuquerque has a better economy and is not held back by an oppressive cough--Phoenix--cough.

Albuquerque has the chance to be a big city for its state, and thus will grow and attract attention. Tucson, nor El Paso, will ever have this happen. They are too overshadowed by other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2016, 01:07 PM
 
3,491 posts, read 5,590,201 times
Reputation: 1690
I prefer Albuquerque
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2016, 11:44 PM
 
38 posts, read 36,549 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Why do you say that? I could see Albuquerque being even better than Tucson, but I have never spent time there. I do believe that the desert in Tucson is more beautiful, and the tall mountains both cities have are similar, but Albuquerque has a better economy and is not held back by an oppressive cough--Phoenix--cough.

Albuquerque has the chance to be a big city for its state, and thus will grow and attract attention. Tucson, nor El Paso, will ever have this happen. They are too overshadowed by other places.
I'm just not a big fan of New Mexico. I've only spent 1 night in Albuquerque and I did not really see all of it. Also, it's in the middle of nowhere too just like El Paso is. Tucson is close to Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2018, 12:10 PM
 
108 posts, read 46,875 times
Reputation: 29
Current El Paso Activity:

West Star Tower $85 Million

WestStar Tower | 601 North Mesa El Paso TX | Business Space for Rent

WestStar Tower El Paso- live site preparation / construction (you can see the tracks for the new street car system $97 million)- at middle bottom left, zoom in you can see cranes for the new 7 story ($25 million) El Paso Community College building behind gray house, further background University of Texas 10 story tower ($85 million) all under construction (takes a few seconds to load):

https://app.oxblue.com/open/Moss/WestStarTower

Border West Expressway $650 million:

Project Overview | Border West Expressway

Montana Expressway $400 million:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Ke4mu4Vkc

Texas Tech Medical Science Building $85 million:

Medical Sciences Building II Construction Update

Another Downtown Tower:

El Paso Development News: 26-Story Tower Proposed for Downtown El Paso

Last edited by sonoma4w; 10-02-2018 at 12:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top