Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 12:23 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,805,219 times

Advertisements

I consider myself a pretty hip chick with whats going on socially in cities.....Personally pick San Antonio. I currently reside in Charlotte. Very much a married town and not much to do for singles, which is why I am moving. But in the end, the decision is yours.....Best to visit Charlotte first IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 12:58 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
It sounds to me that you've already picked Charlotte, so why not go with Charlotte?
Because he wants to see u guys argue back and forth

Old 04-03-2013, 02:53 PM

8 posts, read 25,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Lol, I agree even though there seems like so much going on in Charlotte no one can really tell you what there is there to do. If it were my choice i would pick Charlotte, But North Carolina is more like Georgia, And it seems like you are sick of Georgia. So maybe if you are looking at something completely different then try San Antonio, Although i must say San Antonio looks way more boring then Charlotte.
We aren't sick of Georgia, we are sick of Atlanta. We would have stayed in Georgia before considering Charlotte or San Antonio, but there isn't any other large cities in GA other than Atlanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Northerner View Post
Yeah, I didn't really consider that part of the OP's take. It's true, the Charlotte area is very similar to Atlanta in a lot of ways, including the freeway layout. I agree.....if Atlanta is what they're looking to escape from, then Charlotte may not be the best option.

If Texas is the only other contender in this decision, then I would recommend DFW, Houston or Austin........all in front of San Antonio.
Dallas and Houston would be like us staying in Atlanta. We've never visited Austin or even considered it a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Because he wants to see u guys argue back and forth
That's very stupid to say. If you can't offer any advice, don't post unnecessary things in the discussion.

Thanks to everyone who's shared their opinion, we appreciate it.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:02 AM

7,075 posts, read 12,344,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
The only thing I can think about that Charlotte has outside of Uptown is Carowinds.
The US Whitewater Center as well as the best retail options of the area (ie Nordstrom, Burberry, Neiman Marcus) are outside of uptown. I'm a little shocked that you knew about Carowinds, but didn't know about the Whitewater Center. It is one of the largest manmade rafting centers on the planet. The first link below shows when the center was mentioned on NBC's "Today Show". The second link is a video tour of the center's activities.

USNWC on NBC’s “Today Show” | U.S. National Whitewater Center

U.S. National Whitewater Center - YouTube

Old 04-04-2013, 11:18 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,334,414 times
I'm a native Texan who would most likely choose Charlotte. The weather, the trees, and the proximity to the mountains and the Atlantic are the big draws.

That said, San Antonio is easily the older and more unique of the two cities. Charlotte has no answer for the Alamo City's historic architecture and neighborhoods.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:00 PM

340 posts, read 586,187 times
Here is some comparison information using 2010 data.

It includes crime rate indexes, education profile, quality of life indexes, weather statistics, pollution indexes, population statistics and a host of other stats.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

From the comparison of both cities, San Antonio fairs a lot better when it comes to crime. A LOT better. 240 to 156 in total crime index but it's the assault risk index that is truly shocking. 280 for Charlotte to 63 for San Antonio. Also, the robbery risk index is telling too, as they have Charlotte at 305 to 127 for San Antonio. Keep in mind how low San Antonio's numbers are compared to Charlotte because those numbers are reflective of the city populations which San Antonio has twice the population as Charlotte yet our crime index is lower overall and much lower in a couple of categories.

The rest of the comparison for both cities is pretty much a wash as they're very similar in a lot of the comparisons. San Antonio has a better Quality of Life index while Charlotte has a higher religion index.

Feel free to give the two pages a read. Hope it helps.

P.S.

I'd wager to bet most of the people giving their opinion about San Antonio have never actually stepped inside the city aside from typing its name into google. That brings me to the point of, you can't judge a city or place by pictures online. SA is too big to be defined by its lackluster skyline. Also, the skyline may be sad (for now) but the urban core is growing rapidly unlike it ever has before and downtown San Antonio at ground level can't be beat. Heck, at sub ground level, aka the riverwalk, it can't be beat either.

Last edited by Yac; 04-09-2013 at 06:11 AM..

Old 04-06-2013, 05:06 PM

8 posts, read 25,601 times
Thanks everyone. We've decided on Charlotte.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,049,618 times
I think you had your mind already made up. Charlotte is the most boring town in America

Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,679,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
I think you had your mind already made up. Charlotte is the most boring town in America
PLEASE tell me where you live.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:26 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,049,618 times
Travel to Charlotte on business for two weeks at a time. The only thing Charlotte has on SA is the skycrapers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City