Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would you rather live in?
Phoenix, Arizona 33 27.50%
Atlanta, Georgia 60 50.00%
Orlando, Florida 27 22.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 03:09 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,106,561 times

Advertisements

Atlanta is like 2x larger than Pheonix and is a national business hub...Atlanta has better weather and is lush and 'pretty'. It's not stuck in the middle of a desert. It has much more to do and it's near lush mountains. It's also hilly.

Phoenix would never in my life cross my mind as a place to relocate too. I mean, just compare thw two skylines and that right there gives you a good view of the status of both cities to each other.

Atlanta:

Phoenix:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 03:19 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,257,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Atlanta is like 2x larger than Pheonix and is a national business hub...Atlanta has better weather and is lush and 'pretty'. It's not stuck in the middle of a desert. It has much more to do and it's near lush mountains. It's also hilly.

Phoenix would never in my life cross my mind as a place to relocate too. I mean, just compare thw two skylines and that right there gives you a good view of the status of both cities to each other.

Atlanta:

Phoenix:
Ok somebody needs a math lesson here. Phoenix metro is 4.3 million and Atlanta is 5.4, how is that 2 times larger?
Better weather? thats just your opinion, a lot of people would say that phoenix weather is much better. Desert is beautiful for many people, cactuses etc. Phoenix is literally surrounded by mountains too. and even tho its in the desert its close to Las vegas, grand canyon and Los Angeles... oh and no floods in phoenix either

Old 04-09-2013, 03:23 PM

4,573 posts, read 7,487,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
how is phoenix not atlanta league? id live in phoenix-mesa over atlanta anyday
For starters:

1. Atlanta's economy is more robust and in better shape than Phoenix.
2. The city has better economic prospects.
3. Atlanta offers a greater number of amenities than Phoenix, natural and urban. Better public transportation, better shopping, better restaurants, better parks, better cultural institutions and festivals, among others.

Of course, there are things that are completely subjective like the scenery and climate. However, from an objective pint of view, Phoenix is a tier below Atlanta.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:24 PM

If people like 100+ degree weather almost everyday in the summer, then that's them.....

Old 04-09-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
For starters:

3. Atlanta offers a greater number of amenities than Phoenix, natural and urban. Better public transportation, better shopping, better restaurants, better parks, better cultural institutions and festivals, among others.

Of course, there are things that are completely subjective like the scenery and climate. However, from an objective pint of view, Phoenix is a tier below Atlanta.
Exactly. I don't hear of events like NCAA final four championship, SEC championship, Dragoncon, and other large conventions or events going to Pheonix LOL. Tourist numbers for Atlanta are much much much higher then Phoenix, actually 7th in the nation.

Quantitative wise, Atlanta blows Phoenix away....it's not even close.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:48 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,900,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
For starters:

Actually the shopping is about the same except Atlanta does have a few more high end stores than they do and department stores

Old 04-09-2013, 06:23 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,257,647 times
Quote:
If people like 100+ degree weather almost everyday in the summer, then that's them.....
100F DRY heat is much better than Atlanta's 90 with its awful humidity

Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 PM

6,582 posts, read 6,637,105 times
Voted Phoenix for the Cacti, the more innovative Western economy, and the dry heat at least keeping the mosquito count down. Interesting that Orlando's getting no love in spite of being much closer to a beach than Atlanta or Phoenix are.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:30 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,577,809 times
Economy : Atlanta
Downtown : Atlanta
Suburbs : Phoenix
Future possibilities: Atlanta
Public transportation: Atlanta
Open mindness: Orlando
Schools: Private? Atlanta. Public? Orlando
Wages: Dollar-wise? Atlanta. How much is left in your pocket after COL? Phoenix
Weather: Orlando - though to be honest a lot of this is because I love thunderstorms

Overall? I'd choose Atlanta if those were my 3 choices and those were my criteria. Though if it were actually me, I'd choose Orlando as most of those benchmarks aren't important to me.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:18 PM

171 posts, read 324,748 times
Quote:

Atlanta:

Phoenix:

OK...so I'm trying to compare both skylines and while I know that Atlanta has a better one, it would have been great if you could have at used a picture of the Phoenix skyline that wasn't at least 5-10 years old or older (it has changed). As far as Phoenix never crossing your mind, that's pretty great that you have an opinion about it and thank you so much for sharing your opinion with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City