Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 04:37 PM

796 posts, read 1,162,438 times

Advertisements

Good news... In Europe it's going up

Old 05-08-2013, 04:42 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Tampa isn't on the list? This city had a 12.5% unemployment rate in 2010 and now a 7.5%(I think). Things are doing so much better here. Construction has returned to the city. At one point it was so bad that potholes in major roads weren't even getting filled.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:47 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

#usa
Chyea! represent

Old 05-08-2013, 04:50 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,501,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Tampa isn't on the list? This city had a 12.5% unemployment rate in 2010 and now a 7.5%(I think). Things are doing so much better here. Construction has returned to the city. At one point it was so bad that potholes in major roads weren't even getting filled.
Tampa is on there, but the OP just included the largest metro areas. The area has a 6.9% unemployment rate.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:02 PM

411 posts, read 720,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
By Metropolitan Statistical Area(MSA)

....................................Unemployment Rate
Metro.......................March 2013 ....March 2010...... 3-year Change
Washington DC...............5.2%............. 7.0%.............. -1.8%
Minneapolis................... 5.3%.............. 8.2% .............-2.9%
Boston.......................... 5.9%............. 7.4%............. -1.5%
Seattle...........................6.0%............ 9.2%............. -3.2%
Houston ........................6.1%............. 8.6% .............-2.5%
Dallas............................ 6.2%............ 8.4%.............. -2.2%
Phoenix..........................6.7%............ 10.0%............. -3.3%
San Francisco..................6.9%.......... .10.7%.............. -3.8%
Denver...........................7.2%............ 9.7% ..............-2.5%
Miami............................ 7.5% ...........11.1%............. -3.6%
St Louis ........................7.5%.............10.5%.... ........ -3.0%
San Diego...................... 7.7%.............10.8%............ -3.1%
Portland........................ 7.8%............. 11.7%............ -3.9%
Atlanta......................... 7.9%............. 10.0%............ -2.1%
New York...................... 8.1%............. 9.4%.............. -1.3%
Philadelphia.................... 8.2%............ 9.2%.............. -1.0%
Los Angeles................... 9.0%............ 11.3%............. -2.3%
Chicago........................ 9.5%............. 11.3%............ -1.8%
Detroit......................... 9.9%............. 15.3%............. -5.4%
Riverside...................... 10.5%............ 14.6%..............-4.1%

March 2013 Unemployment Rate for Large Metro Areas:
Unemployment Rates for Large Metropolitan Areas

3%+ Drop in Unemployment, March 2010-March 2013
Detroit -5.4%
Riverside -4.1%
Portland -3.9%
San Francisco -3.8%
Miami -3.6%
Phoenix -3.3%
Seattle -3.2%
San Diego -3.1%
St Louis -3.0%

#usa
San Francisco is now down to 6.0%. So it's been a -4.8% change since March 2010.

We might be using a different source, since mine suggests that SF's UE peaked at 10.1%.

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...ips_as_we.html

Old 05-08-2013, 08:07 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkup View Post
San Francisco is now down to 6.0%. So it's been a -4.8% change since March 2010.

We might be using a different source, since mine suggests that SF's UE peaked at 10.1%.

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...ips_as_we.html
You posted data for SF county he did for the entire MSA

Old 05-09-2013, 03:35 AM

1,586 posts, read 2,148,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
We all know the answer to this. It sure doesn't feel or look like its dropping
Once I saw the initial post, I was waiting for this response. I feel like we've reached a point in our society, thanks to political polarization and the Internet/TV news echo chamber, where it's not permissible to express optimism toward the direction of the country.

I work for a news website and we ran a poll on our homepage the other day asking users if the economy is improving where they live. Around 70 percent said no. Now, is the economy where it should be? I don't think so. Is it improving quickly enough? That's debatable. But I think it's an indisputable fact that it's improving -- I don't think that's a matter of opinion at all. I told our managing editor that the unemployment rate could drop to 3 percent and we could put that poll up every day for the next 10 years, and we'd get the same result every time: 30 percent yes, 70 percent no.

I went out to eat Tuesday night -- historically a slow restaurant night -- at one of the many new restaurants in my neighborhood. It was packed, and we had to settle for a smaller table than we needed. A few years ago, it felt like a third of the storefronts on the main shopping drag were vacant. In 2013 three gastropubs have opened within half a mile of my apartment in the past month. I questioned the business sense of their owners, opening the same thing that everyone else seems to be opening -- but what do I know, all of them have been full every time I walk past.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulevardofdef View Post
Once I saw the initial post, I was waiting for this response. I feel like we've reached a point in our society, thanks to political polarization and the Internet/TV news echo chamber, where it's not permissible to express optimism toward the direction of the country.

I work for a news website and we ran a poll on our homepage the other day asking users if the economy is improving where they live. Around 70 percent said no. Now, is the economy where it should be? I don't think so. Is it improving quickly enough? That's debatable. But I think it's an indisputable fact that it's improving -- I don't think that's a matter of opinion at all. I told our managing editor that the unemployment rate could drop to 3 percent and we could put that poll up every day for the next 10 years, and we'd get the same result every time: 30 percent yes, 70 percent no.

I went out to eat Tuesday night -- historically a slow restaurant night -- at one of the many new restaurants in my neighborhood. It was packed, and we had to settle for a smaller table than we needed. A few years ago, it felt like a third of the storefronts on the main shopping drag were vacant. In 2013 three gastropubs have opened within half a mile of my apartment in the past month. I questioned the business sense of their owners, opening the same thing that everyone else seems to be opening -- but what do I know, all of them have been full every time I walk past.
You can blame yourself for this. In the history of this nation, there has never been a time when the news media so corrupted and compromised its integrity for the sake of a president and his ideals. Your profession has become a joke and both sides of the political spectrum know it.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:50 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
This is all Obama's fault!!!!

Old 05-09-2013, 06:53 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulevardofdef View Post

It's because more and more people no longer believe in our colluded financial system, and for very good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City