Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you prefer
St Louis 61 46.21%
Milwaukee 71 53.79%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 04:05 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,674,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I read that to mean that the cities have equal craft brewing scenes and that the writer prefers Pabst & Miller to Bud & Busch.
Hope so, but ya never know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 09:25 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,656,477 times
Milwaukee is a great town, but St. Louis is really a lot bigger with more to offer overall.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:42 PM

644 posts, read 1,018,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgasm View Post
Milwaukee is a great town, but St. Louis is really a lot bigger with more to offer overall.
That doesn't really matter, especially in this case.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:10 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,674,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieIndy View Post
That doesn't really matter, especially in this case.
While I agree that this poll is only which do you prefer which is totally subjective, what do you mean when you say what a city offers doesn't really matter?

Old 05-17-2013, 02:48 AM

Because the actual city doesn't offer more and the rest is just typical suburban stuff just more of it which doesn't matter because any city I ever live in is in the Downtown/inner city neighborhoods.

The only thing STL has that I'd envy is LRT.

Last edited by IndieIndy; 05-17-2013 at 02:49 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-17-2013, 08:01 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,656,477 times
IndieIndy, St. Louis's urban core extends FAR beyond that of Milwaukee, even though it spills over into the inner-ring suburbs. St. Louis is far and away more urban, more expansive with more amenities than Milwaukee. These cities are not on even playing ground. It's one thing to prefer one over the other, but it is not accurate to say that St. Louis's advantage is only because of suburbs. The inner-ring suburbs of St. Louis are more urban than most central cities in this country.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:17 AM

2,549 posts, read 3,979,768 times
Which city has more breweries? (considering they're both major beer producing cities)

Old 05-17-2013, 11:12 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
IndieIndy, St. Louis's urban core extends FAR beyond that of Milwaukee, even though it spills over into the inner-ring suburbs. St. Louis is far and away more urban, more expansive with more amenities than Milwaukee. These cities are not on even playing ground. It's one thing to prefer one over the other, but it is not accurate to say that St. Louis's advantage is only because of suburbs. The inner-ring suburbs of St. Louis are more urban than most central cities in this country.
I personally never thought of milwaukee being a city on par with St.Louis. Not that milwaukee is a bad place.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:06 AM

I wasnt trying to be a dick. I do love STL! As far as urban goes, STL wins hands down. I think I may have come off as a hater, not the case.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:54 PM

1,160 posts, read 2,960,053 times
Quote:
St. Louis is far and away more urban, more expansive with more amenities than Milwaukee. These cities are not on even playing ground.
I'd have to disagree with that. In my unbiased experience, St. Louis is not at all "far and way more urban" than Milwaukee. St. Louis definitely has a denser built environment, but Milwaukee is also a more densely populated city with almost twice the population.

In terms of amenities, they're both pretty similar. I'd agree that there are more amenities in the suburbs in St. Louis since it has a bigger suburban population, but does it really matter that the St. Louis area has a few more Cheesecake Factories, Abercrombies, Walmarts, and other typical suburban amenities than Milwaukee? St. Louis surely wins in quantity, but when it comes to the variety and quality of the amenities, they're both pretty even.

These cities are easily on even playing ground, and it's pretty ridiculous to think otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City