U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 08:56 AM

2,549 posts, read 3,261,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgasm View Post
I have a hunch Chicago has more in sheer number, but St. Louis has more proportionally. Much of the near north and near south side of St. Louis is composed of rowhouses, although there are examples sprinkled all over the city. Not only does STL have a lot of rowhouses, but there is a great variety in age and style. Here are a few random samples (obviously this is just a tiny taste)...
Are they still building anymore new ones in St Louis? or Chicago for that matter? I don't know if there are any developers or builders today that build Victorians or brownstone style row houses anymore. You have your greystones, brownstones and brick materials. It seems that St Louis uses more brick and Chicago uses more greystones for their row houses. I know the brownstone materials originated out of Wisconsin are either out of stock or limited.

Last edited by urbanologist; 05-21-2013 at 09:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 09:07 AM

14,798 posts, read 19,050,097 times
I've seen new construction row homes in Chicago in some neighborhoods like Lakeview and I believe Avondale. Not much though..

Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
I've seen new construction row homes in Chicago in some neighborhoods like Lakeview and I believe Avondale. Not much though..
Are they as nice as the classics?

Old 05-21-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanologist View Post
Are they as nice as the classics?
The few I saw, at least I thought they were row homes, were pretty elegant, but new looking. They're pretty nice. The old stuff I like better though. My post on the other page had links to some good ones.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
The few I saw, at least I thought they were row homes, were pretty elegant, but new looking. They're pretty nice. The old stuff I like better though. My post on the other page had links to some good ones.

You're talking about this one then? --> http://chicagoagentmagazine.com/wp-c...0/lakeview.jpg

Wow, that is nice.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanologist View Post
You're talking about this one then? --> http://chicagoagentmagazine.com/wp-c...0/lakeview.jpg

Wow, that is nice.
I think they are but I could be wrong..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City