U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Top 3 Most Important City In The West Coast In The U.S.
Seattle 13 16.67%
Portland 1 1.28%
Sacramento 1 1.28%
Oakland 0 0%
San Francisco 14 17.95%
San Jose 1 1.28%
Fresno 1 1.28%
Los Angeles 40 51.28%
Long Beach 1 1.28%
San Diego 4 5.13%
Las Vegas 0 0%
Phoenix 2 2.56%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:32 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,550,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
I doubt that. You live there and suffer the standard local delusion.

The strength of the area is the peninsula and the bay area. SF is simply a connected tourist attraction. Cold, damp, expensive and generally lacking in any redeeming virtues except looking pretty. A hooker of a city.
Though I don't completely agree with you, you make in interesting point. When I see statistics on San Francisco it is always lumped Through the entire bay area including San Jose. The only problem I have with that is People give all the Credit to San Francisco while the rest of the area is a huge economic producer. With that said, the cultural significance of San Francisco still is large enough the make it teh 2nd most important behind LA and Seattle and number 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 06:14 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,154,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
Though I don't completely agree with you, you make in interesting point. When I see statistics on San Francisco it is always lumped Through the entire bay area including San Jose. The only problem I have with that is People give all the Credit to San Francisco while the rest of the area is a huge economic producer. With that said, the cultural significance of San Francisco still is large enough the make it teh 2nd most important behind LA and Seattle and number 3.
How many points did you deduct for the nation's worst and nastiest homeless population? Does not market street offset 10 museums and a ballet?

Old 05-19-2013, 06:35 PM

6,920 posts, read 11,894,565 times
Quote:
How many points did you deduct for the nation's worst and nastiest homeless population? Does not market street offset 10 museums and a ballet?

Lol did you get robbed by a homeless guy in the TL or something? You're clearly familiar with the City but also clearly not from the Bay Area... anyone from the Bay knows that San Francisco is far and away the primate city in Northern California.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:23 PM

10,087 posts, read 12,577,322 times
Quote:
Skid Row paging...

Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,093,900 times
Quote:
I doubt that. You live there and suffer the standard local delusion.

The strength of the area is the peninsula and the bay area. SF is simply a connected tourist attraction. Cold, damp, expensive and generally lacking in any redeeming virtues except looking pretty. A hooker of a city.
See what I mean about jealousy?

Hilarious.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:19 AM

31,600 posts, read 53,148,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Lol did you get robbed by a homeless guy in the TL or something? You're clearly familiar with the City but also clearly not from the Bay Area... anyone from the Bay knows that San Francisco is far and away the primate city in Northern California.
Yeah, so in his mind Microsoft and Bill Gates really shouldn't count for Seattle. Walt Disney is actually from Burbank and shouldn't count for LA. Nike is from Beaverton and really shouldn't count for Portland.

The San Francisco 49ers are building their new stadium in the San Jose Metro Area--if that isn't a statement about how closely tied together this entire region is, I don't know what is.

When people are envious and jealous, they tend to employ double standards that are nothing but masks to conceal their envy.

The Bay Area is an economic beast. They need to get over it.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:52 AM

5,303 posts, read 7,646,063 times
LA-big entertainment hub, second biggest American city
San Diego-Pacific fleet, second biggest West Coast city after LA
Seattle-Of huge importance for the Pacific Northwest

Old 05-21-2013, 02:27 AM

31,600 posts, read 53,148,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
LA-big entertainment hub, second biggest American city
San Diego-Pacific fleet, second biggest West Coast city after LA
Seattle-Of huge importance for the Pacific Northwest
Yawns.

The Bay Area is bigger than Seattle and San Diego combined.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:44 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,449,956 times
LA, SF, and Seattle are the most important.

LA, SF, and Vegas are the most famous.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:23 AM

15,390 posts, read 8,049,795 times
Top 5 in order:

LA
Seattle
San Jose
San Francisco
San Diego
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or