U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2007, 06:08 AM

146 posts, read 754,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
San Antonio has five billionaires i think I read in Forbes.On a list of cities with the most billionaires. Where do you think they shop? They most have servants.
I really doubt anyone likes being called a servant. Not to blow a P.C. horn here, but that's pretty damn rude.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:38 AM

570 posts, read 1,811,777 times
If those 5 billionaire in SA have any sense of style, they do not buy their clothes or furnishings in SA. They or their servants may buy some things there but I'm sure they would go to the fashion centers to buy things that matter.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:30 AM

925 posts, read 894,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Maybe a mod can straighten you out, because you continue to call me Trae.
Because you are Trae, right? So why are you getting so upset?

Old 11-14-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I did. Their largest customer base is in Houston. They have something like 3 million customers here.
There's a big difference from "largest customer base" to "a majority of their customers."

Old 11-14-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
The only upscale shopping center is La Centerra. That is where SA got its first Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus (around 2005 I believe).
North Star Mall.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
If those 5 billionaire in SA have any sense of style, they do not buy their clothes or furnishings in SA. They or their servants may buy some things there but I'm sure they would go to the fashion centers to buy things that matter.
It's 7 US billionaires and most are old men so I doubt they care where they get their clothes and furniture from.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:27 PM

2,703 posts, read 2,595,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
There's a big difference from "largest customer base" to "a majority of their customers."
I got it mized up.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:01 PM

478 posts, read 1,692,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwarrior View Post
It's funny to see all the City X vs. City Y threads. Why have two cities completely in different tiers compete? Do compact sport cars compete in the same tier as american muscle cars? NO. Here's my take on cities that you can compare in "Tiers"

Tier 1 - World Cities:
New York
Chicago
Los Angelas

Tier 2 - Large Cities With High Growth Potential:
Boston
San Fran
Philadelphia
Seattle
Houston
Dallas
Atlanta
Phoenix
Washington DC
Miami

Tier 3 Medium-Large Cities (Some with large growth some not):
Detroit
Cleveland
Minneapolis
St. Louis
Portland
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
San Diego
Denver
Tampa

Tier 4 Cities (Mid-Sized Cities):
New Orleans
Kansas City
Jacksonville
Charlotte
Indianapolis
Cincinatti
Columbus
Milwaukee
Richmond
Sacramento
San Antonio
Austin
Nashville

Tier 5 Cities (Smaller Cities):
Omaha
Madison
Oklahoma City
Orlando
Raleigh
Boulder
Memphis

Odd Ball Tier:
Las Vegas? - kind of in its own tier

PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN TIERS AND CHANGES OR ADD CITIES I DIDN'T MENTION. DONT EXCLUDE CITIES MENTIONED ABOVE THOUGH. ALSO, MOVING YOUR CITY TO A HIGHER TIER JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT DOESN'T HELP - YOU NEED TO PROVIDE A REASON. IE, MOVING "HOUSTON" TO WORLD CITIES JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT WITHOUT REASONING

I'd put Vegas in Tier 2 or 3. Move Orlando to Tier 2 and Raleigh to Tier 3. Add to tier 5:

Akron
Dayton
Buffalo
Rochester
St. George, UT
Des Moines
Tallahassee

Old 02-05-2008, 08:22 PM

2,237 posts, read 6,557,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
What on earth are these "tiers" based on? If it is population, then they have to be redone. If it is your personal taste, that is understandable I guess. But I would argue that if it is city alone, "Tier 1" would be NYC. "Tier 2" would include all of the cities with one million or more people. "Tier 3" would probably include cities with 500 to 1 mil. I think that would be most objective, disregarding personal taste.
I'm not sure this is "most objective."

Old 02-05-2008, 08:27 PM

2,237 posts, read 6,557,953 times
[quote=chitownwarrior;1897847]It's funny to see all the City X vs. City Y threads. Why have two cities completely in different tiers compete? Do compact sport cars compete in the same tier as american muscle cars? NO. Here's my take on cities that you can compare in "Tiers"

Tier 1 - World Cities:
New York
Chicago
Los Angelas

Tier 2 - Large Cities With High Growth Potential:
Boston
San Fran
Philadelphia
Seattle
Houston
Dallas
Atlanta
Phoenix
Washington DC
Miami

Tier 3 Medium-Large Cities (Some with large growth some not):
Detroit
Cleveland
Minneapolis
St. Louis
Portland
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
San Diego
Denver
Tampa

Tier 4 Cities (Mid-Sized Cities):
New Orleans
Kansas City
Jacksonville
Charlotte
Indianapolis
Cincinatti
Columbus
Milwaukee
Richmond
Sacramento
San Antonio
Austin
Nashville

Tier 5 Cities (Smaller Cities):
Omaha
Madison
Oklahoma City
Orlando
Raleigh
Boulder
Memphis

Excellent list IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City