Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2007, 12:32 AM

149 posts, read 385,383 times

Advertisements

San Antonio has one upscale shopping center - La Cantera, and that was just built two years ago. There are more like 3 upscale shopping centers under construction, not 10. What five-star hotel is San Antonio? I bet it's not a Ritz-Carlton (like the one Dallas just got).

The "affluent" (everything's relative) communities of Alamo Heights, Terrell Hills, and Olmos Park are not that affluent in comparison to other areas of wealth in other parts of the country!

I don't care about all that, though. SA is a nice city with growth potential and is moving in the right direction.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:39 AM

925 posts, read 1,214,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F355 View Post
San Antonio has one upscale shopping center - La Cantera, and that was just built two years ago. There are more like 3 upscale shopping centers under construction, not 10. What five-star hotel is San Antonio? I bet it's not a Ritz-Carlton (like the one Dallas just got).
North Star Mall is upscale and has been in operation for many many years. In terms of "upscale" developments, there's probably five under construction/soon to be right now in SA. The five star is probably The Watermark hotel. Not sure though. EDIT: Nope, it's the Emily Morgan hotel.

Quote:
The "affluent" (everything's relative) communities of Alamo Heights, Terrell Hills, and Olmos Park are not that affluent in comparison to other areas of wealth in other parts of the country!
I'd add The Dominion and Elm Creek. Also, Olmos Park has a billionaire row. But who cares about this stuff. Seriously. Why do threads concerning Texas cities always turn into a "mine's bigger" war.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:03 AM

2,739 posts, read 6,078,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
North Star Mall is upscale and has been in operation for many many years. In terms of "upscale" developments, there's probably five under construction/soon to be right now in SA. The five star is probably The Watermark hotel. Not sure though. EDIT: Nope, it's the Emily Morgan hotel.

I'd add The Dominion and Elm Creek. Also, Olmos Park has a billionaire row. But who cares about this stuff. Seriously. Why do threads concerning Texas cities always turn into a "mine's bigger" war.
San Antonio has five billionaires i think I read in Forbes.On a list of cities with the most billionaires. Where do you think they shop? They most have servants.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 AM

149 posts, read 385,383 times
San Antonio has two billionaires. Dallas has 8, and DFW has 15.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:35 AM

925 posts, read 1,214,101 times
Two billionaires? It's actually 7, if not more, as there are a few Mexican billionaires who call their second home/American home.

List of San Antonio billionaires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-14-2007, 03:24 AM

2,739 posts, read 6,078,157 times
Ritz Carlton and W hotels are planned for San Antonio.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:14 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,195,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Ritz Carlton and W hotels are planned for San Antonio.
God bless ya!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:16 AM

2,703 posts, read 3,382,588 times
Quote:
First off, I have no reported you for your continuance of calling me 210. Hopefully a MOD can straighten you out. Second, I'll address your PM question here, I call you Trae because you are Trae, what exactly do you have against that name? You picked it and used it. See, the problem is, you're Trae, so it's understandable that I call you that. I'm not 210 so you can see what the dilemma is when you call me that seeing as how that person is banned. So, seriously, why do you hate a name you came up with and use? Third, I didn't search for your posts, but it's not hard to miss your posts whenever there is a discussion involving San Antonio. You seem to cherish the moment you can post how much lesser it is compared to Houston. Most Texas cities for that reason, I mean you had to point out stats about city forms for Dallas and Houston and how the Houston forum had more posts or something. Wow.

I really could care what millionaire NBA player has the best selling jersey but to sort it out, that first link is for China. I would hope that Ming Yao had a top 10 jersey in his home country. I'm actually shocked how low he is though.
Maybe a mod can straighten you out, because you continue to call me Trae.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 AM

Quote:
I still can't believe he said a majority of at&t's customers live in Houston. As if at&t were the size of GVTC. Maybe he misspoke and meant something else.
I did. Their largest customer base is in Houston. They have something like 3 million customers here.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Okay what are San Antonio upscale shopping centers?Why are there at least 10 upscale shopping centers under construction? Why is San Antonio home to one of the states only 5 star hotels? Why is San Antonio home to so many upscale resort hotels? What are San Antonio's affluent inner city bedroom cites?

If you don't know you are just unaware about what there is in San Antonio.Your just running your mouth off! Bad F355!
The only upscale shopping center is La Centerra. That is where SA got its first Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus (around 2005 I believe).

Those other centers are dressed up suburban shopping centers with your very typical stores (Best Buy, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City