Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More ethnically diverse and integrated cities
California 30 56.60%
Northeast 23 43.40%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 08:05 PM

85 posts, read 159,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Is that right? Well then, I guess the OP should cease with the "California vs Voltron" threads, what do you think?
I think you should apologize once for every time a black child has been killed mercilessly by a Mexican gangmember (really paramilitary) in the racist city of Los Angeles. Imagine that in an American city, organized groups of people who's sole mission is to ethnically cleanse Los Angeles.

At least in a place like Texas and Arizona, citizens are allowed to justifiably defend themselves when they feel threatened. In California, the government takes away your guns.

So back to the cities of California vs. the Northeast: everyone who's been to both knows that the Northeast is by far, more diverse. You have posters from all around the US voting for the Northeast, while everyone voting for California is FROM CALIFORNIA. So take that for what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 08:05 PM

11,054 posts, read 16,747,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
cali is as racist as any place i've ever been.

i went to stay in a hotel in san diego and someone dropped luggage next to me
and gave me his room number
Hahaha, were you wearing a nametag and a shirt from Cintas??

Quote:
yup cali is where it's at
Damn straight it is!!

Old 05-27-2013, 08:11 PM

130 posts, read 223,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaKlwn8523 View Post
I think you should apologize once for every time a black child has been killed mercilessly by a Mexican gangmember (really paramilitary) in the racist city of Los Angeles. Imagine that in an American city, organized groups of people who's sole mission is to ethnically cleanse Los Angeles.

At least in a place like Texas and Arizona, citizens are allowed to justifiably defend themselves when they feel threatened. In California, the government takes away your guns.

So back to the cities of California vs. the Northeast: everyone who's been to both knows that the Northeast is by far, more diverse. You have posters from all around the US voting for the Northeast, while everyone voting for California is FROM CALIFORNIA. So take that for what it is.
That guy from Syracuse sided w us because he understands what FACTS are

I have family in the North East and have spent a good amount of time there. But I don't need that experience to back up all those FACTS that have been posted...OP here's your chance to give me one, just one stat that backs up what you're saying lol....GO!

Old 05-27-2013, 08:12 PM

36,623 posts, read 67,123,456 times
Quote:
Anyways, the cities of the Northeast are much more diverse than the cities of California, that is the legally defined definition of a city
Nope. California takes that crown too.

Oh, and this^ is according to Brown University.

California has really taken diversity to new heights that are only beginning to catch on in other areas, and that's a good thing.

Caballo Hills Neighborhood, Oakland
Average HH Income: $125,920

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 907$sx448$s and weights 104$sKB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1007$sx445$s and weights 127$sKB.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Nope. California takes that crown too.

Oh, and this^ is according to Brown University.

California has really taken diversity to new heights that are only beginning to catch on in other areas, and that's a good thing.

Caballo Hills Neighborhood, Oakland
Average HH Income: $125,920

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 907$sx448$s and weights 104$sKB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1007$sx445$s
and weights 127$sKB.

Well would u look at that...another FACT that proves our point...LOL...Hey there's MY hometown Florin, and MY city, Sac-Town....looks like Florin is WAY more diverse than ANY place in the north east...what a SHOCK LOL

Old 05-27-2013, 08:20 PM

Wow the OP STILL hasn't posted one...not even ONE single FACT to back up what he's saying. Klown what a good name for this guy...he's definitely a joke.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:21 PM

85 posts, read 159,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vplegend View Post
That guy from Syracuse sided w us because he understands what FACTS are

I have family in the North East and have spent a good amount of time there. But I don't need that experience to back up all those FACTS that have been posted...OP here's your chance to give me one, just one stat that backs up what you're saying lol....GO!
http://www.city-data.com/city/East-L...alifornia.html
http://pics.city-data.com/craces2/1884.jpg
Hispanic - 122,784 (97.1%) White alone - 1,917 (1.5%) Asian alone - 962 (0.8%) Black alone - 322 (0.3%) American Indian alone - 167 (0.1%) Other race alone - 153 (0.1%) Two or more races - 178 (0.1%) Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 13 (0.01%)

http://dornsife.usc.edu/pere/documen...aphics_web.pdf Look at page 5. South LA was 50% black in 1990. That has dipped to below 33% today. If that isn't proof of ethnic cleansing, I don't know what is.

Ethnic Cleansing Law & Legal Definition

"Ethnic Cleansing is the deliberate and systematic removal of a racial, political, or cultural group from a specific geographical area. A 1993 United Nations Commission defined it more specifically as, "the planned deliberate removal from a specific territory, persons of a particular ethnic group, by force or intimidation, in order to render that area ethnically homogenous."

Every LA resident who doesn't stand up against this is GUILTY under UN law of ethnic cleansing and genocide. And you guys are trying to talk down to US about being segregated and unfriendly. At least people here aren't violating international law. How do you like that for sources and definitions?

Old 05-27-2013, 08:24 PM

611 posts, read 1,583,244 times
Hahahahaha^

Oh Pollster, off your meds again?

Old 05-27-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
http://www.city-data.com/city/East-L...alifornia.html
http://pics.city-data.com/craces2/1884.jpg
Hispanic - 122,784 (97.1%) White alone - 1,917 (1.5%) Asian alone - 962 (0.8%) Black alone - 322 (0.3%) American Indian alone - 167 (0.1%) Other race alone - 153 (0.1%) Two or more races - 178 (0.1%) Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 13 (0.01%)

http://dornsife.usc.edu/pere/documen...aphics_web.pdf Look at page 5. South LA was 50% black in 1990. That has dipped to below 33% today. If that isn't proof of ethnic cleansing, I don't know what is.

Ethnic Cleansing Law & Legal Definition

"Ethnic Cleansing is the deliberate and systematic removal of a racial, political, or cultural group from a specific geographical area. A 1993 United Nations Commission defined it more specifically as, "the planned deliberate removal from a specific territory, persons of a particular ethnic group, by force or intimidation, in order to render that area ethnically homogenous."

Every LA resident who doesn't stand up against this is GUILTY under UN law of ethnic cleansing and genocide. And you guys are trying to talk down to US about being segregated and unfriendly. At least people here aren't violating international law. How do you like that for sources and definitions?
You're a joke dude. Giving one stat on East L.A.??? What does that have to do w proving the north east is more diverse than Cali??? It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with YOUR topic...All u keep bringing up is EAST LA EAST LA ETHNIC CLEANSING SOMEONE'S DAUGHTER WAS KILLED....So for the record u have still provided ZERO FACTS to prove your point...keep trying tho...we know u will!!!

Old 05-27-2013, 08:28 PM

Why do I keep having to tell this klown to stay on topic???? HE STARTED THE THREAD!!!! LOL......ladies and gentlemen I give to u the klown of the north east....and the #1 hater of East L.A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City