Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Top 4 Cities that should host the Super Bowl!
Atlanta 18 19.15%
New Orleans 58 61.70%
Houston 33 35.11%
San Diego 49 52.13%
San Francisco 18 19.15%
Miami 65 69.15%
Tampa 15 15.96%
Seattle 8 8.51%
Chicago 17 18.09%
New York City 24 25.53%
Washington DC 10 10.64%
Indianapolis 11 11.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 09:20 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,287,954 times

Advertisements

No Dallas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 11:01 AM

936 posts, read 3,190,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post
No Dallas?
Cowboy Stadium is a premier venue, it's just a shame that Arlington does not have the recreation or pretty views that the current top 4 have. Arlington is 20 miles from Dallas and 17 miles from Fort Worth. What was the prevailing attitude and opinion of attendees at the Super Bowl in Dallas two years ago? How did the pre-parties and post-parties go? The stadium just seems so far from party hotspots.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:11 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Cowboys Stadium is a victim of it's own success in that it is in Arlington. Nothing is in Arlington to attract anybody but the stadium. Don't expect it to be on any rotation.

The obvious choices are Miami, San Diego, and New Orleans and those are the only three I voted on. The fourth city is in the air. San Francisco, Houston, Tampa, and Phoenix have arguments. If LA got a team, it would easily be the 4th city, IMO. San Francisco speaks for itself but has never hosted a SB, I believe. Houston has great weather and more attractions are being built inside the loop as well as better mass transit. Tampa by the ocean and has great weather and some attractions. Not far from Orlando. Phoenix has great mid-winter weather and I'm sure the media as well as the owners love the relaxing attractions there.

I could see New York but NY in middle of February? In that giant wind tunnel? Fans won't care. But players, media, and owners will. Even if it is New York. Same with Philly, Chicago, and DC to an extent. Hate to say it.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:45 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
Cowboy Stadium is a premier venue, it's just a shame that Arlington does not have the recreation or pretty views that the current top 4 have. Arlington is 20 miles from Dallas and 17 miles from Fort Worth. What was the prevailing attitude and opinion of attendees at the Super Bowl in Dallas two years ago? How did the pre-parties and post-parties go? The stadium just seems so far from party hotspots.
Add that to the fact Arlington is the largest city in the US without any form of public transportation & you can understand why they'll never get another Super Bowl. Unpredictable winter weather in North Texas is also a possibility with ice, sleet, & snow falling off the dome & injuring people like we saw last time. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones didn't think about investing in an arsenal of plane de-icers & roof defrosters when he built Jerry World.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:49 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Add that to the fact Arlington is the largest city in the US without any form of public transportation & you can understand why they'll never get another Super Bowl. Unpredictable winter weather in North Texas is also a possibility with ice, sleet, & snow falling off the dome & injuring people like we saw last time. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones didn't think about investing in an arsenal of plane de-icers & roof defrosters when he built Jerry World.
The Meadowlands is hosting next year (This past year it would have been 24 degrees and 3 inches of snow would have fallen during the game there). Way worse weather and to be honest not much better PT, even though fairly close to NYC and Newark NJ

Old 05-28-2013, 11:52 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Miami, New York, Indy and San Francisco
Trying to serve all parts of the country.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:52 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,187,810 times
I don't care for sunny and 75 degree football, and neither does all of America, and I'm not sure why the NFL assumes we do! I want to see the SB played in Green Bay, Chicago, NY, Boston, etc. and see a REAL down-in-the-trenches type of championship!!

Old 05-28-2013, 11:54 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,187,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Cowboys Stadium is a victim of it's own success in that it is in Arlington. Nothing is in Arlington to attract anybody but the stadium. Don't expect it to be on any rotation.

The obvious choices are Miami, San Diego, and New Orleans and those are the only three I voted on. The fourth city is in the air. San Francisco, Houston, Tampa, and Phoenix have arguments. If LA got a team, it would easily be the 4th city, IMO. San Francisco speaks for itself but has never hosted a SB, I believe. Houston has great weather and more attractions are being built inside the loop as well as better mass transit. Tampa by the ocean and has great weather and some attractions. Not far from Orlando. Phoenix has great mid-winter weather and I'm sure the media as well as the owners love the relaxing attractions there.

I could see New York but NY in middle of February? In that giant wind tunnel? Fans won't care. But players, media, and owners will. Even if it is New York. Same with Philly, Chicago, and DC to an extent. Hate to say it.
Players would be so excited to be in the Super Bowl that they can probably care less where it's played. And if weather is keeping a player from performing to his max during that game, that player isn't focused enough.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
I don't care for sunny and 75 degree football, and neither does all of America, and I'm not sure why the NFL assumes we do! I want to see the SB played in Green Bay, Chicago, NY, Boston, etc. and see a REAL down-in-the-trenches type of championship!!
Because like I said, the fans won't care. But the owners, players, and media most definitely will. Players are already saying how it was an idiotic decision to have the Super Bowl in the Meadowlands next year. Money talks.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Players would be so excited to be in the Super Bowl that they can probably care less where it's played. And if weather is keeping a player from performing to his max during that game, that player isn't focused enough.
Joe Flacco has cold words for Super Bowl XLVIII in New York, calling idea 'retarded' before backtracking, saying it's 'stupid' - NY Daily News

Quote:
NEW ORLEANS — Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco, who grew up in New Jersey, went to school at Pittsburgh and Delaware and plays now in Baltimore — none of which are remotely tropical in the winter time — is not a big fan of next year’s cold-weather New York Super Bowl. And he is obviously not overly sensitive to those less fortunate than him.
Quote:
“Yeah, I think it’s retarded,” he said. “I probably shouldn’t say that. I think it’s stupid. If you want a Super Bowl, put a retractable dome on your stadium. Then you can get one. Other than that, I don’t really like the idea. I don’t think people would react very well to it, or be glad to play anybody in that kind of weather.”
I think PFT had players say the same thing about the SB next season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City