Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would be best to relocate to from NYC?
Chicago 16 30.77%
San Francisco 9 17.31%
Seattle 13 25.00%
Boston 14 26.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 01:58 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,944,069 times

Advertisements

FWIW, the OP didn't ask for the city/metro with the most or highest percentage of Asians. As an Asian-American, imho, any of these cities have an acceptable amount of Asian population/culture. For most people, issues such as cost of living, climate, career prospects are as important if not more important that demographics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 02:06 PM

669 posts, read 914,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
If you look at numbers for the metropolitan area, it's clear that San Francisco is in a class of its' own here. Seattle comes in a distant second. Chicago is third and Boston is fourth.
For what Asians? Umm... NO. Unless we are going into that stupid Chicago has more people discussion again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakparkdude View Post
FWIW, the OP didn't ask for the city/metro with the most or highest percentage of Asians. As an Asian-American, imho, any of these cities have an acceptable amount of Asian population/culture. For most people, issues such as cost of living, climate, career prospects are as important if not more important that demographics.
That he didn't but he felt the need to tell us that so one would think he wanted us to consider that. Your don't know if his criteria are the same as yours so you can't claim that.

If he is looking for the most Asian city of these then San Franciso is obviously miles ahead of all the rest. But if he is just looking for a city where Asians exists in a decent amount and offers Asian things then Seattle and Boston are better options than Chicago.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:17 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
For what Asians? Umm... NO. Unless we are going into that stupid Chicago has more people discussion again.

Less than 1 percentage point separates the two metopolitan areas while Chicago's population is much larger. So, YES.

This link might help you out. You need it:

http://proximityone.com/cen2010_asian.htm

Old 05-30-2013, 02:35 PM

Now that I think about it, Chicago has a much greater concentration of Asians in Cook and DuPage Counties than Boston has in its' entire MSA.

I don't really much care about any of this but I hate to see people talk out of their asses.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:41 PM

669 posts, read 914,747 times
Quote:
Less than 1 percentage point separates the two metopolitan areas while Chicago's population is much larger. So, YES.

This link might help you out. You need it:

America's Asian Population Patterns 2000-2010
Yes, except Chicago is the one with the less percentage:

http://diversitydata.sph.harvard.edu...w.aspx?loc=308

http://diversitydata.sph.harvard.edu...w.aspx?loc=216

What does a bigger population have to do with it? That's like saying NYC feels more Chinese than San Francisco because it has a bigger population. Just totally ridiculous.

If anything that's the thing that makes things turn to Boston's side. Asians are less represented in Chicago's population than in Boston. There are more things Asian for an average Boston Asian.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, Chicago has a much greater concentration of Asians in Cook and DuPage Counties than Boston has in its' entire MSA.

I don't really much care about any of this but I hate to see people talk out of their asses.
So you expect all Asians the city to do everything in Cook and DuPage Counties? Maybe you should go check if there is something wrong with your brain so you won't have to talk out of your ass so much.

Last edited by yyuusr; 05-30-2013 at 02:50 PM..

Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,905,668 times
^ Cook County, IL is the second largest county in the US after Los Angeles County, CA. It's population is actually 700,000-800,000 more people than the entire Boston MSA.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:10 PM

519 posts, read 1,023,175 times
Quote:
So you expect all Asians the city to do everything in Cook and DuPage Counties? Maybe you should go check if there is something wrong with your brain so you won't have to talk out of your ass so much.

This can't really be your personality, right?

Old 05-30-2013, 03:14 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Quote:
So now that I see the number of people without common sense I see that I have to simplify every little comment with detail for those that doesn't understand.

Okay, I lose.

See if you understand now, CHICAGO HAS LESS PERCENTAGE OF ASIANS COMPARED TO THEIR POPULATION.

Kapish?

Can you read English? The only thing he proved me wrong on after your last post is that various number of people doesn't have common sense.
Just like someone else said you just said Chicago has less amount of asians. he just proved you wrong. JUST ADMIT IT.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Yes, except Chicago is the one with the less percentage:

http://diversitydata.sph.harvard.edu...w.aspx?loc=308

http://diversitydata.sph.harvard.edu...w.aspx?loc=216

What does a bigger population have to do with it? That's like saying NYC feels more Chinese than San Francisco because it has a bigger population. Just totally ridiculous.

If anything that's the thing that makes things turn to Boston's side. Asians are less represented in Chicago's population than in Boston. There are more things Asian for an average Boston Asian.
I already said that there was less than a 1% difference. That's not statistically relevant, IMO. Why not quit while you're behind?

Quote:
Cook and DuPage Counties are right next to each other and have over 6.1 million people combined in a fairly small land area. Cook County is over 6% Asian and DuPage County is over 10% Asian. There is probably more going on in these two counties than most metropolitan areas in the country.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:26 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Quote:
so you expect all asians the city to do everything in cook and dupage counties? Maybe you should go check if there is something wrong with your brain so you won't have to talk out of your ass so much.
wtf?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City