U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2013, 07:58 PM

759 posts, read 706,583 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

Which city would you all recommend for my mom? She is a very nice but kind of shy single lady in her 50's. looking for a partner but because of her reserved and introverted nature has had a bit of a hard time finding a match.

She is into gardening, walking and a bit of hiking.

I would say she is more on the conservative side socially and fiscally. Facial piercing, tattoos and all are a bit hard for her to get used to (that's the challenge with Portland for her. Boise wins in that regard). She might get used to it though- she is pretty live and let live. But I doubt she herself would be dating people who are into that kind of thing.... You never know though!

At the same time she is into nature, yoga, spirituality, natural eating, alternative medicine and things like that. She walks a lot and would prefer not to drive. She loves overcast weather and doesn't like any extreme heat or cold. This one goes to Portland.

So she's torn between the two cities. What do you all think? I appreciate any advice!

Last edited by Flavia84; 06-02-2013 at 08:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 08:08 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,555,783 times
Boise is alot smaller so it may be harder for her to find someone. Though if she is truly a conservative Portland my be hard to get used to. But based on all the rest of the criteria, Portland seems like the best. (PS I would post this on the Portland and Boise forums as they will get you more local opinions)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or