Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2007, 07:02 PM

50 posts, read 63,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
California north of San Luis wouldn't mind this at all.
They would actually love this. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 07:57 PM

89 posts, read 99,868 times
Now that I realize it, I think every state in America has a good reason to be with the union, we're all family right?

Old 12-17-2007, 11:00 AM

3,073 posts, read 11,559,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsquire View Post
Jeez, I thought this thread was dead. Some of you need to take it easy, especially the two Texans on this page. This wasn't a serious topic, you know. None of us seriously wants a state to secede; we've gotten a rather nasty taste of it during the Civil War era.
Well I was offended. And I promise you that there are people on this forum who seriously despise Texas and would really rather see the U.S. without it.

I don't think we could do without any state. Even Wyoming. Every state makes this country what it is now.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:31 AM

595 posts, read 2,341,063 times
New Orleans isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Only deep water port on the Mississippi river and with all the oil/gas infastructure south of New Orleans.

Don't mess with my town!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:05 PM

646 posts, read 809,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampgrrl View Post
New Orleans isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Only deep water port on the Mississippi river and with all the oil/gas infastructure south of New Orleans.

Don't mess with my town!

How is it coming along down there? Often I've thought about coming down to offer services and begin living there a while.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:16 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,989,831 times
If someone was poking fun at the Boston Massacre someone would get offended. Its not the poster fault they are ignorant though so you are right i should calm down a bit.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:46 AM

369 posts, read 1,636,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosFeliz_Diva View Post
i don't understand why you say we won't build a nuclear power plant...we have two operational nuclear generating plants in california- san onofre & diablo canyon. why is it a bad thing that we have more stringent guidelines for clear air, water, and energy? our energy crisis came from greedy corporations a$$ raping us and manipulating the market. just because we choose not to burn coal like cavemen and we actually give a crap about the environment of the state we live in does not justify such blatant unethical practices by the energy cartel.

how is the *rest* of the country bailing us out? we put waaaay more into the pot than we take out- trust me! when was the last big earthquake we've had requiring massive rebuilding? anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that CA is a major donor state. the amount of taxes we pay annually is NO WHERE near the amount we receive in return for our natural disasters.

what is this nonsense about us not allowing dead trees & bushes to be cut back? in our state parks they employ controlled burns to thin the forest back and anyone that lives in an urban wildlife interface knows to take care of the brush surrounding their homes... but accidents (or arson/nature) happens. wildfires are a fact of life here just like tornadoes are a fact of life in iowa or hurricanes are in florida. with all of our wildfires, random earthquakes or any other disaster aid we may draw on.. it's still a mere drop in the bucket compared to what we put into the system. i love how california is always made out to be this drain on the US. we contribute more and receive less than the most of those welfare, leech states.

and as far as lousiana being useful for the port.. Los Angeles is home to the busiest port in the all of the United States.
The port of Los Angeles has the most traffic, but the port of New Orleans processes more goods than any other port in the U.S.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
The US would be better off without California south of San Luis Obispo. I mean seriously with all the crap that Hollywood puts out there we could bomb the place into oblivian and start over fresh
If it wasn't for California which is the 7th stongest economical power which could live a whole lot better without the country this country would be so weak. Also we have everything we need here oil, nuclear, agriculture, desserts, mountains, rivers, lakes, ocean, small towns, big cities, wine valleys, and a huge international trade which is 80% of US international trade is from California so there and what we should do is trade TEXAS for Baja California which is lush of agriculture and trade as well as more oil which all texas is a dry flat land

Old 01-21-2008, 08:16 PM

47 posts, read 204,964 times
Default Colts

Hey colts, how come by your name it says ..."I'm a country boy from Tappahannock...yeah right? I was just wondering because I personally know Chris Brown and he is from Tappahannock. I went to school with him.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:00 PM

284 posts, read 1,655,298 times
None - why upset the even number?

Realistically, Alaska and Hawaii but only because they aren't contiguous. Not because I don't like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City