Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: South Florida vs Southern Californian beaches
Southern California 21 27.63%
South Florida 55 72.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,200,921 times

Advertisements

Again, Sav never said the max temp lasts the whole day, he said that most people are out in the daytime, when the max temp is recorded.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:39 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,624,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Again, Sav never said the max temp lasts the whole day, he said that most people are out in the daytime, when the max temp is recorded.
Some people either have some reading comprehension issues or twist words around to keep arguing. Either way, I'm pretty much done going in this never ending circle.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 AM

669 posts, read 914,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Most people are not out when they temp is max at all. Most people get up and go out in the morning. If they go to the beach during noon they stay by the time the evening when temps cool down. If they go in the morning the temps are low anyways.

This debate was settled the moment those stats were posted. Saying science is wrong, max temp is the absolute, it's global warming, California is the best is not going to change actual facts.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,511,478 times
Here's an hourly weather forecast for San Diego.

Hourly Weather Forecast for San Diego - weather.com

What's more important to my beach-going experience:

The fact that it's gong to be 69-71 F from 11 am to 6 pm with the temps peaking from about 1 pm to 5 pm?

Or the fact that it's going to be 63 F at 3 am in the morning?

Well, lets see, I do like walking on the beach at 3 am in the morning, but...

Old 06-19-2013, 12:06 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,624,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post

The fact that it's gong to be 69-71 F from 11 am to 6 pm with the temps peaking from about 1 pm to 5 pm?

Exactly!

Old 06-19-2013, 12:23 PM

639 posts, read 1,122,992 times
I thought this was thread about beaches, not about posters pretending they have PhDs in meteorology and oceanography

All kidding aside, this isn't a contest. South Florida by a landslide, at least for most people.

I lived in both SoCal and Florida. SoCal beaches are good if you prefer topographic scenery and surfing, everything else is better in SoFla from swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving. Like other posters stated, when I go to the beach I want to be able to use it and go swimming in water and lay on soft, white stand. You can't beat the crystal blue waters, white soft sand, and lush vegetation of SoFla beaches.

San Diego beaches have the warmest water, but they still can't compare to the SoFla beaches. In fact, I found all of the Florida beaches more pristine and nicer. I also prefer the more tropical/sub-tropical vibe of beaches in Florida rather than the Mediterranean vibe in SoCal. Don't get me wrong, I love San Diego but I believe more prefer Florida beaches.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post

Now you do realize even if you took the monthly average highs that it's never above 80 in San Deigo?
Monthly Weather Averages and Records for San Diego, CA

That this is what we have been saying since last night? That some simpleton people tried to claim that 84 degree is the norm in San Deigo which is what we have been trying to argue is wrong and that anybody who knows anything remotely about Southern California weather wouldn't say that?

To top it off there is California's low dew point to consider which makes it feel colder than most places.

Last edited by yyuusr; 06-19-2013 at 12:59 PM..

Old 06-19-2013, 01:38 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,642,473 times
South Florida for sure. However, the beaches in the Florida Panhandle are nicer than anywhere.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:21 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,110,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
Now you do realize even if you took the monthly average highs that it's never above 80 in San Deigo?
Monthly Weather Averages and Records for San Diego, CA

That this is what we have been saying since last night? That some simpleton people tried to claim that 84 degree is the norm in San Deigo which is what we have been trying to argue is wrong and that anybody who knows anything remotely about Southern California weather wouldn't say that?

To top it off there is California's low dew point to consider which makes it feel colder than most places.
First, its Diego, not Deigo.

Next. That low dew point makes it feel more comfortable than most places. Unless you like to sweat.

And.........again.......this is making me so tired. That average is at the airport, only. Do you know what a microclimate is?

Old 06-19-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
First, its Diego, not Deigo.

Next. That low dew point makes it feel more comfortable than most places. Unless you like to sweat.

And.........again.......this is making me so tired. That average is at the airport, only. Do you know what a microclimate is?
Oh great now it's you again. A lower dew point makes it feel cooler than what it is. Among many things you don't seem to understand. And we are talking about air temps combined with beach temps which a lot of people say is cold which was the main point of this whole debate in the first place. Unless you want to add something meaningful to that this time unlike ranting on and on about how scientific data can't be trusted, spare yourself the embarrassment this time.

And reduce the gap after your periods before worrying about how to spell things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City