Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 02:29 AM

4,409 posts, read 6,537,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Anywhere in Texas on average would kick the living hell out of any major west / East coast or anywhere in between city. There is a reason why they say Don't mess with Texas, guess there are quite a few clueless people on this site. You have huge ass white boys that smash punk ass inner city gang bangers so called tough bros into pulp routinely just for the fun of it. Who do you think joins Marine Recon, Navy Seals, Army Rangers. Squaring off with some Crip, Blood or otherwise is like killing a squirrel.LOL
To hell with Texas and it's attitude. There are roughnecks in every state. And Texas isn't the only state known for it's rugged culture. I dare you to **** off farmer brown from Ohio and see what happens, Texas Pete.

That aside; This thread is odd. Any city with a high population of a certain race will have a lot of tough people of that race in it. Hell, anywhere at all has tough people. The city ain't the only place with trials what makes a person hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 02:47 AM

256 posts, read 452,362 times
Quote:
Anywhere in Texas on average would kick the living hell out of any major west / East coast or anywhere in between city. There is a reason why they say Don't mess with Texas, guess there are quite a few clueless people on this site. You have huge ass white boys that smash punk ass inner city gang bangers so called tough bros into pulp routinely just for the fun of it. Who do you think joins Marine Recon, Navy Seals, Army Rangers. Squaring off with some Crip, Blood or otherwise is like killing a squirrel.LOL
Someone sounds like they got bullied in school

Old 06-28-2013, 06:40 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakerfreak View Post
Someone sounds like they got bullied in school
Either that or someone who grew up in the lilly white liberal" People's republic of Boulder" that rebelled
by joining a military unit that snaps people's necks with zero effort. Not from Texas just been around this planet son., If someone reads a post on the internet and get's that hot and bothered maybe they should take a deeper look in the mirror.

Last edited by Scott5280; 06-28-2013 at 06:58 AM..

Old 06-28-2013, 06:47 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
This thread is racist, close it.....close it now!
I don't see how we can learn anything from this. C-D is full of kids.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:59 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,730,434 times
Quote:
Yes there is a reason they say Don't mess with Texas, it was a anti litter campaign.

Guess you've never been to Dallas. Easily one of the most effeminate, metrosexual, fashionable cities for men.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:17 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,183,714 times
Quote:
Either that or someone who grew up in the lilly white liberal" People's republic of Boulder" that rebelled
by joining a military unit that snaps people's necks with zero effort. Not from Texas just been around this planet son., If someone reads a post on the internet and get's that hot and bothered maybe they should take a deeper look in the mirror.
Nobody else is threatening to snap peoples' necks though...

Old 06-28-2013, 08:20 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,183,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
^ ha! Canaryville. A very small and totally isolated, physically and culturally, neighborhood. Industrial areas, railraod tracks and the expressway close it off physically, and culturally it's a very insular/isolated working class Irish neighborhood with a lot of black neighborhoods surrounding. It's definitely "rough", but it's so small and such an outlier.

The Chicago areas white population is definitely not what I would call "tough" overall. You have those polish working class areas around the north sides, but overall in much of the city and definitely the suburbs it's pretty......non rough.
I TOTALLY disagree! I know a lot of white dudes in Chicago, including family, and every one of them are tough as nails and just about all of them live in the suburbs now (very few working class Poles, Italians, Irish, etc. live in the city anymore....at least, not the 2nd-3rd generation American ones).

Old 06-28-2013, 08:23 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,514,275 times
Quote:

Steers and Queers come from Texas - YouTube

Old 06-28-2013, 08:50 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Truly a funny scene, from a funny movie; some times one just has to bait the trap now and then just to know their alive even if there is some opinion( irony) stereo type involved. I made an observation, which is far from fact based. It's like setting up bowling pins. This scene actually reminds me of my of an early experience years ago when I went through basic training. I had one of the biggest, bad ass black dudes I have EVER met jump in my face . Still remember like it was yesterday although this was 1986.
He said " I am drill sergeant Adams, I'm 45 years old and I don't take the bull****." He was from Texas. I later went onto special ops and kept in contact with that DS for many years.. Ya, there are some true bad ass MO FO's from TEJAS,,BLACK,WHITE ect,STEERS AND QUEERS.

Last edited by Scott5280; 06-28-2013 at 09:20 AM..

Old 06-28-2013, 09:47 AM

798 posts, read 1,033,742 times
A lotta uppity people in this thread. I don't see how this topic is racist but talking about "hip hop/gangster culture" or "city with the most gang violence" isn't. It's pretty much common knowledge that these "gangs" people refer to poorer minorities aka poor black and Hispanics. No one ever has a problem talking about that.

Back to the thread. I'd guess LA would have a sizeable number of white kids in gangs. Possibly NY and Philly.

And as for the rant on Texas, lol, you're exaggerating a bit man. But if I had to pick a winner of a fight between somebody and a Texan, my money would be on the Texan most of the time. Unless they fought some gangbanger from Detroit, South Central, or Camden...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City