U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2013, 03:24 PM
 
249 posts, read 360,413 times
Reputation: 230

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Then, subjectively, check it out for yourself. For your own benefit, compare what's important to you between Cleveland, Milwaukee, and Cincinnati. All three cities possess highly-regarded "walkable" and "nightlife" locales, so why bother with any detailed refinements on our parts--what you, personally, don't know about these three cities will neither harm you nor make you a better person.



I'm glad to see the dunce-smiley face at the end of your above offering. Lol...ok then guys...you can have the thread. We'll rename it, " Which city has the best voyeuristic opportunities for the 30 year-old professional male? " Now we have a happy medium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2013, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Norwood)
3,377 posts, read 3,693,454 times
Reputation: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by the12ronin View Post
I'm glad to see the dunce-smiley face at the end of your above offering. Lol...ok then guys...you can have the thread. We'll rename it, " Which city has the best voyeuristic opportunities for the 30 year-old professional male? " Now we have a happy medium.
Haven't you forgotten one thing, though? The needs of the voyeuristic (and opportunistic) professional female?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2013, 12:04 AM
 
1,295 posts, read 1,519,013 times
Reputation: 687
Cleveland leads with transit, but I'd say you can get to a lot more interesting places on foot in Cincinnati's city center. I'm not gonna front and act like I know a thing about Milwaukee. Hard to imagine it has anything to beat a 15 minute walk from Fountain Square to Mt. Adams or Findlay Market, though.

Can't compare nightlife, just can say that between Over-the-Rhine, Mt. Adams, Mainstrasse in Covington, Newport on the Levee, the Banks, and the CBD itself, Cincinnati has a pretty varied scene, all within a walkable area. Then there are other neighborhoods like Northside, CUF (UC area), and Hyde Park, which have a substantial nightlife scene but can't be walked to from the center city. (Well, you could walk to CUF, but it'd be kinda sketchy.) Northside is in easy biking distance, though (other 'hoods require hill-climbing). Buses don't run past 1ish, so not good if you're planning to stay till last call. (But that's probably true of the other cities' transit, too.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2013, 08:31 AM
 
Location: Chicago(Northside)
3,719 posts, read 5,858,152 times
Reputation: 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by demp0607 View Post
u've got to be kiddin clevelad leads b\s it hold ya with your interest & fresh air
By the way you spell I will never take you seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2013, 08:32 AM
 
Location: Chicago(Northside)
3,719 posts, read 5,858,152 times
Reputation: 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by the12ronin View Post
Stop bickering.

You guys are -both- way off and both out in left field. This thread(i.e. me) is asking about NIGHTLIFE and walkability in the urban core.


And we have a debate about the best parks?


-golf clap-



Well done chaps, well done!
I only listen to moderatos and you aren't one...also every thread has bickering and some off topic talks but it still is close to the actual topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2013, 09:35 AM
 
249 posts, read 360,413 times
Reputation: 230
And you're just downright annoying judging by your posts in here.

So enjoy doing what you idly please in here simply because the OP is not a moderator.


Great contribution to city-data. -golf clap-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2013, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Chicago(Northside)
3,719 posts, read 5,858,152 times
Reputation: 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by the12ronin View Post
And you're just downright annoying judging by your posts in here.

So enjoy doing what you idly please in here simply because the OP is not a moderator.


Great contribution to city-data. -golf clap-
DUHHHH what else is city data for, your suppose to judge every post and comment your opinion or fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2013, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, OH USA / formerly Chicago for 20 years
3,536 posts, read 5,509,245 times
Reputation: 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
Cleveland leads with transit, but I'd say you can get to a lot more interesting places on foot in Cincinnati's city center. I'm not gonna front and act like I know a thing about Milwaukee. Hard to imagine it has anything to beat a 15 minute walk from Fountain Square to Mt. Adams or Findlay Market, though.

Can't compare nightlife, just can say that between Over-the-Rhine, Mt. Adams, Mainstrasse in Covington, Newport on the Levee, the Banks, and the CBD itself, Cincinnati has a pretty varied scene, all within a walkable area. Then there are other neighborhoods like Northside, CUF (UC area), and Hyde Park, which have a substantial nightlife scene but can't be walked to from the center city. (Well, you could walk to CUF, but it'd be kinda sketchy.) Northside is in easy biking distance, though (other 'hoods require hill-climbing). Buses don't run past 1ish, so not good if you're planning to stay till last call. (But that's probably true of the other cities' transit, too.)
I'm pretty sure that Cleveland still has a number of 24-hour bus lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2013, 10:52 AM
 
1,295 posts, read 1,519,013 times
Reputation: 687
^ Thanks. Very good to know!

I just confirmed the Healthline runs with 30-minute headways overnight. Not sure about other lines.

So, there you go OP, another feather in Cleveland's transit cap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2013, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Norwood)
3,377 posts, read 3,693,454 times
Reputation: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
...So, there you go OP, another feather in Cleveland's transit cap!
Very impressive. (This, alone, sure makes a world of difference... )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top