U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What tier is Seattle's downtown on? Boston/Philly/SF or Atlanta/Minneapolis
Boston/Philly/SF 38 46.91%
Atlanta/Minneapolis 43 53.09%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:06 AM

1,108 posts, read 838,476 times
It is squarely in between. But as it continues to grow (vertically), densify and fill-in (talking about Downtown and adjacent neighborhoods), it is slowly inching towards that upper tier. In the summer, it is awesome and very vibrant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 01:42 AM

8,011 posts, read 7,001,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
Dude, Whats your problem? I never attacked you or singled you out, I just expressed me opinion on a post. Sorry I PM-ed you about the post. I have a positive outlook for my city and was just wondering what was the reason you hated it. I didn't know if it was a bad experience or just not interested in it and just tried to give you a reason to take a second look. I don't if you don't like Seattle, that's fine. But don't keep on trying to attack me in every comment I post. I come on this website to relax and spark and well thought of discussion not take back hands for something as simple as a positive message. If that bugs you so much that I boost my city then why you just ignore my posts? I'm not on here to starts fights, i'm here to talk about cities, One that im interested in and ones that I already love. So I apologize if I somehow am annoying you by posting on the site but don't keep on trying to attack me.
He does the same to me.He's a stalker.Just ignore him.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:40 AM

3,312 posts, read 1,704,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
He does the same to me.He's a stalker.Just ignore him.
I rarely, if ever think about you so the stalker comment is just silly. You and him are both very similar in which you over boost the cities you live in and much of the information you post is false.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:17 AM

1,018 posts, read 1,112,019 times
having lived in all 3 cities (10 yrs in boston, 1.5 in philly, and 13 in seattle) I would say boston is #1, since there is the boston common next to it, then between philly and seattle, philly has a slight edge. I worked in DT philly and seattle, and lived about 5 blocks from DT boston before.

philly does have its issues with crime, and seattle has issues with homelessness. im not saying DT philly is dangerous, its much safer than the rest of the city, but to a point i have to be more aware when i worked there.

In a few years, i think seattle's DT will be better, with high rises going up.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:35 AM

1,571 posts, read 707,971 times
Maybe I'm prejudiced, but the only city on your list that I think can match Seattle is San Francisco. You have incredible views, ferry rides to Canada, mountains all around, lush grenery, beautiful neighborhoods, delicious & nutritious food, and it's the safest city on the list by far. I guess you could say Seattle doesn't have the night life comparable to ATL or San Fran but otherwise, it's tops.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:41 AM

8,011 posts, read 7,001,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I rarely, if ever think about you so the stalker comment is just silly. You and him are both very similar in which you over boost the cities you live in and much of the information you post is false.
False?Lol.Funny how you can't prove that I have been giving "False" statements.Obviously once again it's YOU who once again are saying factious things.Such as this post you have YET to prove. STILL waiting.Several people have ask you why.You only said that because I created the poll.Get a life already!.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/30589012-post4.html

Stop trying to "cyber bully" people.These personal attacks have got to stop.One thing to disagree but you go WAY to far.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:20 AM

4,566 posts, read 3,308,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
It's definitely inbetween, Quickly becoming closer the Boston/Philly/SF. High rises are coming up at record rates and we are not only getting denser in the Downtown but still maintaining height as 8 500+ ft buildings will be up by 2018. Not even the mention the dozens of condos. When sodo becomes available for development it can easily because like the Boston/Philly/SF tier
Slow down -- your over-excitedness makes it difficult to read!!

Old 07-25-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
In a few years, i think seattle's DT will be better, with high rises going up.
It's simply stunning how many people feel as you do: that high-rises equate to better downtowns.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Maybe I'm prejudiced, but the only city on your list that I think can match Seattle is San Francisco. You have incredible views, ferry rides to Canada, mountains all around, lush grenery, beautiful neighborhoods, delicious & nutritious food, and it's the safest city on the list by far. I guess you could say Seattle doesn't have the night life comparable to ATL or San Fran but otherwise, it's tops.
Yes, you are extremely [biased], and it seems as though you don't get out of Seattle much. Seattle can be held in the same conversation/breath as Boston/Philly/SF (or ATL/MPLS), but they all can "beat" Seattle in any number of ways and to deny this is to be in denial, frankly!

Old 07-25-2013, 08:40 AM

801 posts, read 358,124 times
Seattle is in between, but definitely closer to Atlanta and Minneapolis (and Denver) than Boston/Philly/SF. Other than the great food, I really don't get the hype. Honestly, I see Seattle being just as good as New Orleans. And SF shouldn't be in the same tier as Boston or Philly, it's above those two.

SF
Boston/Philly
Seattle/New Orleans
Minneapolis/Atlanta/Denver
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City