U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ??
LA 22 48.89%
Mexico City 16 35.56%
San Juan 4 8.89%
Miami 11 24.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 05:41 PM

10,087 posts, read 12,575,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck Duggleby View Post
DISCLAIMER: I have never been to LA and don't care to go.

Los Angeles is essentially plastic surgery gone bad, horrendous traffic, cheesy nightclubs, shallow individuals, crime-ridden suburbs, mega-wealthy mansions, trashy beaches, ugly strip malls and smog. Nevertheless, it has some great nightlife (not to me, but to some people, definitely) and that international vibe to it. Because everyone knows LA...

Not my cup of tea, personally.
And Dallas is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 05:47 PM

4,155 posts, read 4,299,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
And Dallas is?
Beat me to it.

At least Dallas doesn't have trashy beaches.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:47 PM

5,303 posts, read 7,644,504 times
No, just JR Ewing (although I love me some Dallas!).

Old 08-12-2013, 08:47 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,319,970 times
I've only been to 2 of the places in that poll ( Miami and LA) however I would still vote Miami regardless. Best city in the world IMO, I love driving down and visiting it.

Everyone needs to experience it for themselves, words can't really describe it all. So much to see and do, it's amazing. Even the city it's self looks beautiful, the buildings have awesome colors and architecture, you can't explain it in words.

The whole "Miami is crime/drug ridden" is over exaggerated. Sure there is of course some of that, but that's only in certain areas and compared to most major cities, Miami has a pretty low crime rate over. Which is impressive for a city so big and with a growing population.

But bottom line is that Miami can't be beat. End of story.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:52 PM

4,155 posts, read 4,299,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I've only been to 2 of the places in that poll ( Miami and LA) however I would still vote Miami regardless. Best city in the world IMO, I love driving down and visiting it.

Everyone needs to experience it for themselves, words can't really describe it all. So much to see and do, it's amazing. Even the city it's self looks beautiful, the buildings have awesome colors and architecture, you can't explain it in words.

The whole "Miami is crime/drug ridden" is over exaggerated. Sure there is of course some of that, but that's only in certain areas and compared to most major cities, Miami has a pretty low crime rate over. Which is impressive for a city so big and with a growing population.

But bottom line is that Miami can't be beat. End of story.
Its getting beaten like a conga in this poll.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:14 PM

263 posts, read 621,777 times
I don't see how LA is a "premier Latino magnet" at all. It's more of a magnet of illegal immigrants due to it's proximity to Mexico. I'm sure NYC is a more popular destination for Latin Americans than LA by far.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:17 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,319,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Its getting beaten like a conga in this poll.
Yes it's getting beaten in a subjective poll on the Internet by people who most likely have never been to Miami before.

Not that I speak for everyone, I'm sure there are some real legitimate people who have been to Miami before and it wasn't there thing. That's cool, we all have an opinion. But the only opinion that matters to me is my own, to which the poll results mean nothing to me.

Miami is simply the best!

Old 08-12-2013, 10:21 PM

14,006 posts, read 21,971,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antillano89 View Post
I don't see how LA is a "premier Latino magnet" at all. It's more of a magnet of illegal immigrants due to it's proximity to Mexico. I'm sure NYC is a more popular destination for Latin Americans than LA by far.
How is LA not a "premier Latino magnet"? Even if NYC was ahead, what other 2 cities besides NYC and Miami would be ahead of LA?

Old 08-12-2013, 10:25 PM

263 posts, read 621,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
How is LA not a "premier Latino magnet"? Even if NYC was ahead, what other 2 cities besides NYC and Miami would be ahead of LA?
I would also place DF ahead of LA, which is already on here. NYC deserves a spot on this poll if we're comparing "premier Latino magnets".

Old 08-12-2013, 10:55 PM

9,832 posts, read 7,327,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antillano89 View Post
NYC is a magnet for midget countries from the Caribbean.

Puerto Rico (population): 3.67 million. There's a powerhouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or