Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Seattle or Chicago
Seattle 130 42.90%
Chicago 173 57.10%
Voters: 303. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:28 PM

302 posts, read 933,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
How in the world is Seattle beating Chicago??
Because some people prefer Seattle to Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 01:47 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,597,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gellio_sf View Post
Heh someone should put a Seattle vs. Houston thread up, I am curious to see what the results would be. I am willing to bet that mpope would flip her lid

Old 12-19-2007, 02:45 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
Heh someone should put a Seattle vs. Houston thread up, I am curious to see what the results would be. I am willing to bet that mpope would flip her lid
Seattle would win that versus thread. Let's not play games with me, please. It's evident that more people would favor Seattle, and I realize that, so we can cut the smart-alic remarks.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:46 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,369 times
Quote:
That didn't come out the way I wanted it to. I just didn't expect it to be such a close race. I mean, I knew some people liked Seattle, but it seemed like everybody liked Chicago.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
That didn't come out the way I wanted it to. I just didn't expect it to be such a close race. I mean, I knew some people liked Seattle, but it seemed like everybody liked Chicago.
Well, I'll admit too I think Chicago will come out ahead. It depends on how people are voting. They are such different cities. While Chicago is bigger, has more to offer, better food and better arts, Seattle has better weather (to some, me included) and a natural beauty that Chicago completely lacks. It all depends on how people are voting. Seattle has a lot of charm. I love that city.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:11 PM

307 posts, read 1,397,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
That was odd. Dont know why I put Yuma instead of Tucson. Anyways, Tucson? Humid? Id hate to see what you think of Nashville.
I've been to Nashville before, while yes it humid for a pre-longed periods of times,

But when the monsoons come to Tucson in the Summer. It is horrible.

105 degree weather + rain = really bad humid weather. Not that I Am proud of that, I hate it here.

Last edited by Beliy Plashik; 12-19-2007 at 03:42 PM..

Old 12-19-2007, 03:39 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,243,100 times
Quote:
Well, I'll admit too I think Chicago will come out ahead. It depends on how people are voting. They are such different cities. While Chicago is bigger, has more to offer, better food and better arts, Seattle has better weather (to some, me included) and a natural beauty that Chicago completely lacks. It all depends on how people are voting. Seattle has a lot of charm. I love that city.
Does bigger always mean better though? Yes Seattle is smaller but it definately has its fair share of culture, the arts, great food, great downtown etc. all wrapped up in a beautiful natural setting. Both are great cities imo but I just prefer Seattle.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:50 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,126,828 times
Quote:
better food
better food Where? At home?

Old 12-19-2007, 03:57 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,086,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
better food Where? At home?
It is well known that Chicago is one of the premier culinary cities in the US. I have no problems singing the praises of Seattle as it is one of my favorite cities in the US, but this is something I do know about.

Pick up a nytimes sometime and read their restaurant reviews.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Does bigger always mean better though? Yes Seattle is smaller but it definately has its fair share of culture, the arts, great food, great downtown etc. all wrapped up in a beautiful natural setting. Both are great cities imo but I just prefer Seattle.
No, bigger does not always mean better. I was merely discussion why people may have voted the way they did. I can understand if someone votes for Chicago just because it's bigger. There's nothing wrong with it.

You don't have to sell me on Seattle. I love Seattle, and I voted for Seattle on this thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City