Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Canada 98 36.98%
United States 167 63.02%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:46 PM

2,423 posts, read 4,306,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjun18 View Post
A lot of people feel the same way about New Mexico, actually.
That si true. If New Mexico became its own country tomorrow, I think 90% of the U.S. population wouldn't care very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 09:48 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,704,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
That si true. If New Mexico became its own country tomorrow, I think 90% of the U.S. population wouldn't care very much.
Agreed.
Either way, both the U.S. and Canada are two of the greatest countries in the world.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:49 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,101,057 times
Imagine if Canada shared a border with Mexico instead of the US.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:58 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,180,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I quite like the average American citizen. What I don't like is the way the country has completely blown it's chance to really be that "Shining city on a hill" since the end of WW2. At one time it really looked like the USA could really lead the nations into a new and more just civilization. But NO you haven't because of the folly of taking up the mantle of the ex colonial powers and instead of progressing have regressed into the worst sort of Imperial corpocracy. American freedoms are being attacked at all points, the gulf between the haves and have nots is growing bigger and bigger. The country is spiralling down as all empires have and NOTHING is being done to stop that. The rulers of the country so obviously don't give a rats azz about the people, are owned lock stock and barrel by special interests and there they uselessly sit while the country burns down around their heads.

Of course I don't wish any person harm and in fact I wish them health, wealth and prosperity. It`s the people who have gotten ahold of the country I despise. Billionaires who begrudge the working man a good wage. Bankers who collapse the world`s economy and instead of going to jail get paid off with hundreds of billions of taxpayers dollars just to gear up to repeat the same thing again. How many homes were illegally taken from the folks who lived in them. Is that the USA you are proud of.
You are part of the rebel alliance and therefore a traitor!! LOL I kid! P.S. I love both countries.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Well.. I hate to say it, but you actually sound very resentful and envious of the United States in your posts here (let alone biased).

Unfortunately, I've met too many Canadians in real life who were the same way. I do like Canada though and always enjoy my visits to that country in spite of some of the people who make me roll my eyes.

Applause Crowd Cheering sound effect - YouTube

Old 08-27-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
Imagine if Canada shared a border with Mexico instead of the US.
What do you have in mind?

Old 08-27-2013, 03:03 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,101,057 times
Just wondering what it would be like, via imagination.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:25 AM

1,975 posts, read 2,348,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I quite like the average American citizen. What I don't like is the way the country has completely blown it's chance to really be that "Shining city on a hill" since the end of WW2. At one time it really looked like the USA could really lead the nations into a new and more just civilization. But NO you haven't because of the folly of taking up the mantle of the ex colonial powers and instead of progressing have regressed into the worst sort of Imperial corpocracy. American freedoms are being attacked at all points, the gulf between the haves and have nots is growing bigger and bigger. The country is spiralling down as all empires have and NOTHING is being done to stop that. The rulers of the country so obviously don't give a rats azz about the people, are owned lock stock and barrel by special interests and there they uselessly sit while the country burns down around their heads.

Of course I don't wish any person harm and in fact I wish them health, wealth and prosperity. It`s the people who have gotten ahold of the country I despise. Billionaires who begrudge the working man a good wage. Bankers who collapse the world`s economy and instead of going to jail get paid off with hundreds of billions of taxpayers dollars just to gear up to repeat the same thing again. How many homes were illegally taken from the folks who lived in them. Is that the USA you are proud of.
Completely accurate, unfortunately. 32 years of decline.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:31 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,847,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Then there's the touchy subject of NAFTA here in the States. The Canadians and Mexicans seem to have been warmly receptive of it, some of us Americans on the other hand...
Don't think NAFTA isn't "touchy" for a lot of folk here in Canada either.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:06 AM

696 posts, read 1,166,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjun18 View Post
A lot of people feel the same way about New Mexico, actually.
Sucks to be those people, they must have a pretty miserable life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City