U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 03:31 PM

3,719 posts, read 3,876,167 times

Advertisements

Yahoo!

All State has come out with their list of the top 10 US cities with the worst drivers. This is based on accident data from January 2010 until December 2011.

1. Washington, D.C.
2. Baltimore
3. Providence
4. Hialeah, FL
5. Glendale, CA
6. Philadelphia
7. Alexandria, VA
8. Miami
9. San Francisco
10. Arlington, VA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 10:42 PM

5,611 posts, read 6,084,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Yahoo!

All State has come out with their list of the top 10 US cities with the worst drivers. This is based on accident data from January 2010 until December 2011.

1. Washington, D.C.
2. Baltimore
3. Providence
4. Hialeah, FL
5. Glendale, CA
6. Philadelphia
7. Alexandria, VA
8. Miami
9. San Francisco
10. Arlington, VA
I'm surprised Nashville, Memphis and Louisville didn't make the list.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,879,104 times
Its a complete joke ATLANTA is not on there...............

Old 08-28-2013, 07:39 AM

45 posts, read 40,141 times
The survey/eval was done using ACCIDENT DATA, not safety of driving habits, mode of driving, driving skill, adhering to laws, etc.

If that were the case, some of the "worst drivers" I have EVER driven with (or around) have to on the streets and highways of Memphis TN, no doubt.

Some of the quickest, rocknroll drivers and sometimes too quick must be in and around Atlanta. Atlanta drivers however WILL get out of your way. ..in Memphis they don't, they're just too stupid to get out of the lefthand lane on 240 for instance and on Poplar they treat stop lights and close ancillary streets with stopsigns as a "suggestion". Hollywood stops at 4 ways can get you killed in Memphis. In Memphis, amber/yellow lights mean Speed Up, Go Faster!

Examples-

Head-on, by a drunk, northbound Kirby 3 blks south of Quince...totaled 70k car

Rearended westbound Quince at Ridgeway intersection...totaled Corvette convertible

6mos later.....southbound Airways from ramp...airport bound REARended at another stoplight....missed flight...lol....totaled second Corvette convertible 1 year newer.....lol

Numerous "accidents" in "parking lots"...lol..banging car doors into several well above average cost vehicle...people just did it even while looking at you...sometimes watching their kids do it....and I don't mean simply resting their doors on your moldings either.

Numerous acts of vandalism ..too many to count, keyed cars, cokes and burning cigarettes
throw in convertibles or sunroofs...

Nope, you can't make this stuff up.

I'm walking out of a store named Oak Hall and I'm about 150 ft from my black, sorta expensive car and I see 2 women standing next to it, one is kicking in my driver's door.
I've never seen the women before, and certainly didn't know them. I didn't approach them obviously, I just found off what they were driving and took care of it later...believe me. I discovered sometimes later that the two women must have thought the car belonged to former State Senator John Ford, who unbeknownst to me owned and drove the same color car but slightly a different model. LOL...okay, Now I got the picture at least..but still reprehensible behavior out of Memphis drivers...stupid, very stupid.

Last edited by whatchubawdybout; 08-28-2013 at 08:14 AM..

Old 08-28-2013, 10:20 AM

53 posts, read 94,444 times
So BaltWash metro area claims 40%? :Unamused:

Old 08-28-2013, 10:47 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,110,423 times
Quote:
Yahoo!

1. Washington, D.C.
2. Baltimore
3. Providence
4. Hialeah, FL
5. Glendale, CA
6. Philadelphia
7. Alexandria, VA
8. Miami
9. San Francisco
10. Arlington, VA
We're #5! We're #5!

In all honesty I am not surprised. Many of the drivers around here are Armenian, and they drive like they are still in Armenia (fast, ignore stop lights, ignore signs, etc.). My partner was hit by a lady who barely spoke English and screamed at him even though she was the one that turned left directly into his car.

Her philosophy as she stated was "I didn't see him so it was his fault." She had no insurance, of course.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:56 AM

22,331 posts, read 32,138,839 times
Quote:
Yahoo!

1. Washington, D.C.
2. Baltimore
3. Providence
4. Hialeah, FL
5. Glendale, CA
6. Philadelphia
7. Alexandria, VA
8. Miami
9. San Francisco
10. Arlington, VA
DC always felt like the worst to me, not surprisiing with 4 areas in the DC area rated so poorly

Old 08-28-2013, 11:24 AM

8,931 posts, read 11,794,667 times
Any list without San Antonio just isn't that valid, in my opinion.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:42 AM

2,331 posts, read 1,521,025 times
Insurance rates in the Baltimore/DC area are absolutely ridiculous.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:47 AM

10,087 posts, read 13,101,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoLA View Post
We're #5! We're #5!

In all honesty I am not surprised. Many of the drivers around here are Armenian, and they drive like they are still in Armenia (fast, ignore stop lights, ignore signs, etc.). My partner was hit by a lady who barely spoke English and screamed at him even though she was the one that turned left directly into his car.

Her philosophy as she stated was "I didn't see him so it was his fault." She had no insurance, of course.
Within the city of Los Angeles I don't find the drivers to be all that terrible (still bad) but its suburban cities are hands down some of the worst, head-in-the-clouds drivers I have ever experienced. I would give up my left arm to never drive in Thousand Oaks again - for a city that is so singularly car-centric, you would think the residents would learn to drive correctly. At least there they speak English and usually have insurance though!

Boston and New England also has some of the worst drivers in the nation, though they are ridiculously over-aggressive, sort of the opposite of the lackadaisical suburban Los Angeles driver. But still equally terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or