Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East Coast vs. West Coast
East Coast 426 50.30%
West Coast 421 49.70%
Voters: 847. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 07:05 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,435,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylananders16 View Post
I'm sorry to say but you are mistaken by Southern California. Us Northerners are filled with disgrace from them. We love California, but not Southern California. People are real up north.
What does "real" even mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 07:06 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,427,155 times
I'm kinda shocked how close this is

Old 04-14-2016, 07:20 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikandreas View Post
it's nowhere near as bad as LA proper-Ventura County (by far the most fake place on the planet). If you absolutely have to live in SoCal and want to get away from that, move to the southeastern reaches of Orange county like Irvine, Newport Beach, eastern Anaheim, Lake Country, Yorba Linda (that is if you can afford it).
I was about to comment that Anaheim and Yorba Linda are by NO means in southeastern Orange County, but I got hung up at Lake Country. Where the heck is "Lake Country"?

The only parts of Orange County in which I have found even a few "superficial" people are the extremely wealthy coastal areas such as Newport Beach.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:13 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,887,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I was about to comment that Anaheim and Yorba Linda are by NO means in southeastern Orange County, but I got hung up at Lake Country. Where the heck is "Lake Country"?

The only parts of Orange County in which I have found even a few "superficial" people are the extremely wealthy coastal areas such as Newport Beach.
The only parts of Orange County where I wasn't seemingly surrounded by superficial people is in Santa Ana and maybe parts of Tustin.

But West Coast crushes East Coast, and I am quite familiar with both.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:02 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times
The West Coast is laid-back and does everything to prove it is laid-back but is very phony.

The people on the West Coast are also very superficial, materialistic and weird. I do find people extremely interesting on the West Coast because they are so optimistic and detached from the reality.

People on the west coast are obsessed with fast riches and shallow relationships based on looks.

Easterners aren't as exciting but for the most part but are far more genuine, decent and real. They are also far more sane and realistic.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:54 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The West Coast is laid-back and does everything to prove it is laid-back but is very phony.

The people on the West Coast are also very superficial, materialistic and weird. I do find people extremely interesting on the West Coast because they are so optimistic and detached from the reality.

People on the west coast are obsessed with fast riches and shallow relationships based on looks.

Easterners aren't as exciting but for the most part but are far more genuine, decent and real. They are also far more sane and realistic.
You need to travel some.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:56 PM

5,975 posts, read 13,112,439 times
Quote:

No. Many urban easterners go out of their way to show how "tough" and "fast-paced" they are. Say what you will about California, but someone like Trump can NEVER be from California. He epitomizes the worst qualities of east coast personality. Your description of "the west coast" is limited to a few sections of Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, etc.

West Coasters think its gauche to show how ambitious you are.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:15 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,393,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
West Coasters think its gauche to show how ambitious you are.
LOL the west coast is the king of materialistic behavior & showing off and if you walk around the east coast bragging about yourself everyone will think you're a douche.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:45 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,792,814 times
Quote:

Surely no one is taking this post seriously?

Old 04-15-2016, 01:14 PM

638 posts, read 977,732 times
West coasters seem to be very superficial to me. East coasters seem to be very blunt and rude sometimes.

Southerners and midwesterners win this poll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.