Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live and prefer?
Western half of the U.S. 307 48.58%
Eastern half of the U.S. 325 51.42%
Voters: 632. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 07:34 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post

The east is not without its mountains and impressive geographical features.
It still doesn't compare to the dramatic scenery out West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 07:42 PM

366 posts, read 404,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Of course it does, it's more aesthetically pleasing overall.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:46 PM

Btw, that doesn't look like an evenly distributed map. The west looks like it's given more land area there, even without including Alaska and Hawaii.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:47 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times
I never lived in the West unless you include Texas as the West so I cannot answer the poll. I loved living on the East Coast and in the Midwest and South.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:01 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneKane View Post
Btw, that doesn't look like an evenly distributed map. The west looks like it's given more land area there, even without including Alaska and Hawaii.
Why should it be evenly distributed? That map is how most Americans would divide the US. I live in Kansas, which I consider the mid-west, but in West vs. East I consider it West. Historically everything West of the Mississippi was "the West." The Arch in St. Louis is called the gateway to the West. Modernly though I bet few would consider Missouri part of the West. I voted West, for a single reason, to me personally and from my experiences the people seem so much more friendly.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:15 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,809,098 times
It is weird to me how the west, more than any other region in the world I am familiar with, turns natural beauty into a pissing match. It isn't like the Swiss brag to everyone about how much better their mountains are than everybody else's. But people from the west do that, not just on the internet, but in real life too. It must be part of the culture.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Why should it be evenly distributed? That map is how most Americans would divide the US. I live in Kansas, which I consider the mid-west, but in West vs. East I consider it West. Historically everything West of the Mississippi was "the West." The Arch in St. Louis is called the gateway to the West. Modernly though I bet few would consider Missouri part of the West. I voted West, for a single reason, to me personally and from my experiences the people seem so much more friendly.
Why do ask obvious questions if your going answer them later yourself? Firstly, history is irrelevant, it's the 21st century.

Secondly, hardly anybody I hear of says Kansas and Missouri are part of the west...just like Colorado or Oregon or Nevada...

Lastly, because it actually geographically makes sense to do so. East and west are geographical terms in case you didn't know. If you want cultural terms call them something else. And if we are going that route, I would like to know which clown considers Kansas and Missouri culturally same as California and the west coast.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneKane View Post
Of course it does, it's more aesthetically pleasing overall.
No, it doesn't.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
It is weird to me how the west, more than any other region in the world I am familiar with, turns natural beauty into a pissing match. It isn't like the Swiss brag to everyone about how much better their mountains are than everybody else's. But people from the west do that, not just on the internet, but in real life too. It must be part of the culture.
And people who live East don't boast and brag about their cities? Read through the entire thread and you'll see people dis just that. Let's call a spade a spade. People like to brag about their qualities. That's not just a Western U.S. thing.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:32 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,538,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Again, entirely a matter of opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City