Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live and prefer?
Western half of the U.S. 307 48.58%
Eastern half of the U.S. 325 51.42%
Voters: 632. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 04:23 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,271,985 times

Advertisements

I'm convinced some of you are just saying things to be difficult. Like, you actually think the Grand Canyon is beautiful, but you call it ugly because if you don't, that means the West Coasters "win".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 06:53 PM

317 posts, read 375,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
I'm convinced some of you are just saying things to be difficult. Like, you actually think the Grand Canyon is beautiful, but you call it ugly because if you don't, that means the West Coasters "win".
Oh really? Tell me mind reader, what else have you deduced from your physic powers?

I don't think the grand canyon is beautiful at all, I think calling it that is demeaning to the word and things that are actually beautiful. It's unlike anything you can find in the world, but that's different

I'm convinced you yourself really want the west coast to "win" since you brought it up. The fact that you tried to sell us that people "rave" of death valley in a positive way says it all by itself.

Last edited by cityguy7; 10-06-2015 at 07:07 PM..

Old 10-06-2015, 07:44 PM

2,964 posts, read 5,427,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityguy7 View Post
Oh really? Tell me mind reader, what else have you deduced from your physic powers?

I don't think the grand canyon is beautiful at all, I think calling it that is demeaning to the word and things that are actually beautiful. It's unlike anything you can find in the world, but that's different

I'm convinced you yourself really want the west coast to "win" since you brought it up. The fact that you tried to sell us that people "rave" of death valley in a positive way says it all by itself.
People do, actually! I'm not trying to convince you specifically, but Zabriskie Point, the Panamint Mountains, the Mesquite Sand Dunes and the hot springs are tourist attractions. It's very dramatic and very photogenic. Nighttime even moreso for me. No, it is not an environment that will coddle you, but that's nature for ya.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:35 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,635,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
Right? I mean, who can see the Grand Canyon and say it's ugly? Lol

Old 10-07-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityguy7 View Post

I'm from Texas, so I'm dead center. Doesn't matter to me either way. Nice try though.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:17 AM

26,374 posts, read 46,227,302 times
^
Texas is much more oriented toward the western US than the eastern US overall.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:40 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,125,386 times
Glad to know I'm not the only one who isn't really impressed by the Grand Canyon...nothing wrong with it, but I certainly don't view it as aesthetically remarkable.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
^
Texas is much more oriented toward the western US than the eastern US overall.
Dallas and Houston are more in tune with the Southeast than anywhere else.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:34 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,314,680 times
Looks like it's pretty even right now. As for me, I prefer to live in the East and visit the West.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:38 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,583,058 times
They're both pretty good. I like the West because most of my friends and family are here.

That's just as valid of a reason as anyone else being spouted out in this thread. PROTIP: There isn't a right or wrong answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City