Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 02:35 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,961,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Not saying they should be but they all have fanatical supporters on this board.
Yeah, the forum is free membership, therein lies the problem. People from cities that get far less praise and attention in real life media (television, Internet articles, so on) have to compensate somewhere else, right?

It's easy being the big and famous on City-Data. Just have one booster (or many sometimes) willing to interject your city in every single thread and obsessively talk about it. Wallah, job well done. I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 02:56 PM

151 posts, read 162,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
As much as I love Chicago the problem is the crime... Any one that lives here knows what I'm talking about... Chicago and Illinois politics are getting out of hand and everything is getting more expensive... U honestly can't buy a decent home in a decent area with out spending 3 times as much as Atlanta or Las Vegas or Austin...
Yeah but crime is also being overplayed in Chicago.

For starters crime has been declining. Second there are other cities that have worse crime rates (one is on this list) that being Miami, DC and New Orleans than Chicago. So I think crime I think gets overplayed when it comes to Chicago. Yes it should be much lower, but it's not as horrible as people make it.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:07 PM

284 posts, read 696,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullocity View Post
Yeah but crime is also being overplayed in Chicago.

For starters crime has been declining. Second there are other cities that have worse crime rates (one is on this list) that being Miami, DC and New Orleans than Chicago. So I think crime I think gets overplayed when it comes to Chicago. Yes it should be much lower, but it's not as horrible as people make it.
Not really that much over played people that live under a rock think that its over played.. 25 shot and 8 killed on labor day weekend is so much better than last year...

Old 09-06-2013, 03:19 PM

137 posts, read 220,269 times
Where's Texas?

Old 09-06-2013, 03:24 PM

151 posts, read 162,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
Not really that much over played people that live under a rock think that its over played.. 25 shot and 8 killed on labor day weekend is so much better than last year...
Like I said, it needs to come down, but the thing is it is actually coming down.

Obviously you have the mentality of the sky is falling. Continous decline in murders is an improvement and if you really are from Chicago you know that it's isloated to a few areas.

I have lived her for 26 years and never felt my life was threatned or ever was violently hurt. No one in my family has experienced, nor my friends either. That's what I mean by it being overplayed. The city is not a warzone, there are just a few isolated area that are bad, but in general the majority of the population in this city lives in very safe conditions.

Go sell crazy elsewhere.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:03 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralyber View Post
Where's Texas?
Both Texas and Austin are making an appearance.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:05 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
It almost looks more like states/cities that folks have taken a vacation in or would like to take a vacation in and therefore surmise that it would certainly seem to be a good place to live in as well. Hence why my city, which is a damn nice but nonetheless problematic city, polls so highly. Lots of folks would love to live here but could never afford the housing and realize that the jobs/salaries situation is challenging for most.
Yeah, I'm an ex San Diegan myself. Still my favorite city but I left because I hit a wall in my career. Los Angeles simply offered better opportunity for me and higher pay and only a marginal increase in COL. All else being equal I'd move back to San Diego in a heartbeat, but therein lies the problem. Still get to visit friends and family on the weekend though which is nice.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:23 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
The trashy Las Vegas is more popular than Chicago and Austin...
Ughhh some hilarious people on here....
welcome to planet earth don't expect every human to have the same preferences as you

Old 09-06-2013, 09:26 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullocity View Post
I would take this all with a grain of salt. I mean look where Austin and Atlanta are ranked yet they are growing fast. Las Vegas over Atlanta, Chicago and Austin? That makes me not take this list too seriously or either they surveyed some pretty dumb peeps.
Lol just more and more... seriously please answer,,, so someone is dumb if they prefer Las Vegas over Atlanta, Chicago and Austin?

Old 09-07-2013, 09:48 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,894,149 times
Honestly I think this poll is very representative of the Nation. I was surprised to see Austin raked so high. Most people don't even know about Austin. Chicago, although an absolutely wonderful city isn't really seen that way by most people outside of the Midwest. City Data definitely doesn't represent the entire American Public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City