Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 03:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,770 times

Advertisements

In short, here's a brief summary about myself. I am a Caucasian 22 year old male. My interests include reading, studying Austrian economics, natural medicine, hiking, fishing, foraging (berries, wild lettuce, wild rice, mushrooms, etc) and would eventually like to begin hunting for various species of animals such as venison, elk, wild boar, pheasant, quail, duck, etc as my condition requires me to stay grain-free. So it is important that my future city offers a healthy array of healthy food options and farmer's markets

I plan on returning to school eventually at least for part time but I am currently employed as a trucking dispatcher and would like to keep it that way so my ideal location must be somewhat of a transportation hub so I must stay away from places that are extremely sparsely populated.

I grew up in Chicago and although I enjoy spending time walking along Lake Michigan in July, I don't utilize the city much aside from the museums. Another reason I'm leaving the city is because the lawmakers in this city are burdening our state with immoral debt and an excess of unneeded laws and regulation. I would like my next destination to be less crime-ridden and more free in terms of economical and personal liberty. While I'm not opposed to winter, the winters in Chicago are a tad bit too cold, too long and too gloomy for my liking. I would greatly prefer sunny winters if I must endure a winter climate.

My ideal scenery would include some type of elevation, lakers, rivers, caves, but these are not be the most important factors in my decision. I want a place that is economically sound which caters to my specialty: logistics.

I have a few cities in mind but will wait on your suggestions before revealing those. Thank you for all and any insight in advance.

Eli
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 07:03 AM

2 posts, read 2,770 times
Anyone? Some places that I had in mind were:

Nashville, TN
Someplace in New Hampshire
Columbia or Charleston, SC
Denver, CO
Austin, TX ?
Dallas, TX
Houston, TX
Tampa, FL ?
New Orleans, LA
Seattle, WA (not sure if I could handle the wintertime gloom but I love how it's situated in one of the most beautiful parts on the planet) Also may be a bit too progressive for me as I identify as a classic liberal/traditional conservative. Socially liberal, fiscally responsible.

Last edited by Libertyworks; 09-13-2013 at 07:18 AM..

Old 09-13-2013, 07:10 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
What about Atlanta or Washington DC? Sounds like you'd enjoy those places. The winters, especially Atlanta's, are much better than Chicago's. And there's some pretty places nearby.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:33 PM

542 posts, read 1,682,510 times
Denver

Old 09-13-2013, 09:34 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,108,060 times
Juarez

Old 09-14-2013, 08:12 AM

933 posts, read 1,532,778 times
Houston or Austin for cities. Houston is a bit more libertarian-leaning with their lack of zoning. Dallas would be the opposite of your beliefs being socially conservative and economically liberal.

New Hampshire is probably the most libertarian-leaning state out there, as it almost always comes in at #1 for freedom rankings.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:22 AM

102 posts, read 196,935 times
Depends on your definition of freedom but I'd say ReppingDFW is correct with New Hampshire or somewhere in Texas for yours with NH probably being the top. I believe the Freedom State project picked NH. Rick Perry seems to constantly be regurgitating Rothbard derivative stuff but you won't have the elevation plus that heat might get rough when used to Chicago. I know Chicago gets warm too but it can't compare trust me.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:21 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Someplace in Colorado comes to mind for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City